Subject: [midcom] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-midcom-protocol-eval-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 07:32:56 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Middlebox Communication Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: MIDCOM Protocol Evaluation
	Author(s)	: M. Barnes
	Filename	: draft-ietf-midcom-protocol-eval-00.txt
	Pages		: 33
	Date		: 28-May-02
	
This document provides an evaluation of the applicability of SNMP, 
RSIP, MEGACO, DIAMETER and COPS as the MIDCOM protocol. A summary 
of each of the proposed protocols against the MIDCOM requirements 
and MIDCOM framework is provided.  Compliancy of each of the 
protocols against each requirement is detailed. A conclusion 
summarizes how each of the protocols fares in the evaluation.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-midcom-protocol-eval-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-midcom-protocol-eval-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-midcom-protocol-eval-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 08:35:59 -0500

Hi all,

The protocol evaluation draft is finally available.  All WG members should
review the document, particularly since there were so few comments received
on the individual drafts that make up the content of this document.  The
individual contributors should carefully review their portions to ensure
that my editorial changes are consistent and as Tom has already done, to
point out any errors.  I did some wordsmithing to ensure that the document
had some consistent level of style and references to MIDCOM terms (i.e.
being explicit when referring to MIDCOM agents, etc.), thus if you think I
have changed the intent it should probably be discussed on the list.  

Since I was late getting it submitted on Friday nite and Monday was a
Holiday in the US, the draft was delayed in getting published. So, I'm going
to extend the deadline for comments to allow that extra weekend and request
that all comments be submitted by noon CST on June 10th (rather than June
7th), but intend to keep the remaining dates for this document the same:

June 14th       Second version of draft available. 
  
June 14th-June 21st  Mailing list discussion of version 2 of draft.

June 28th       Draft ready for WGLC 

July 19th       WGLC ends 

July 26th       Updated draft based upon WGLC comments available 

July 26th- Aug (whether another iteration is required for WGLC depends upon 
                the extent of changes, etc.) 

Aug     Draft submitted to IESG 

Regards,
Mary H. Barnes
[email-masked]
972-684-5432
Wireless 817-703-4806

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2002 6:33 AM
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [midcom] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-midcom-protocol-eval-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Middlebox Communication Working Group of
the IETF.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:

Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 08:36:01 -0500