Subject: [midcom] FW: FINAL Reminder: WG Comments Requested for Individual Protocol Evaluation Documents

From: "Mary Barnes"<[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 09:36:29 -0500

Hi all,

I apologize, but it looks like my email server decided to drop this on
Wednesday afternoon, thus we're about 15 hours away from the cutoff for
comments on the individual protocol evaluation documents.  They are not
lengthy documents, so at least take the time to read one or 2 of your
preferred (or least preferred where you're likely to have more comments) and
provide some feedback.  

Mary. 

-----Original Message-----
From: Barnes, Mary [NGC:B601:EXCH] 
Sent: Wednesday, May 01, 2002 4:07 PM
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: FINAL Reminder: WG Comments Requested for Individual Protocol
Evaluation Documents 

Hi, 

A FINAL reminder that our review process for the individual protocol
evaluation documents ends in about 48 hours (Midnite Pacific time on Friday,
May 3rd). This is your opportunity to influence the protocol evaluations
such that we have as objective of an analysis as possible going into the
amalgamated WG Protocol Evaluation document. 

There's been some very constructive comments from one person (thanks to Joel
Halpern) on the drafts, with an updated version of the DIAMETER draft now
available. I've summarized the links below:

SNMP Prime: Juergen Quittek [[email-masked]]:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-quittek-midcom-snmp-eval-00.txt

DIAMETER Prime: Tom Taylor [[email-masked]]
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-taylor-midcom-diameter-eval-01.txt

RSIP Prime: James Renkel [[email-masked]]
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-renkel-rsip-midcom-eval-00.txt

MEGACO Prime: Sanjoy Sen [[email-masked]] 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sct-midcom-megaco-01.txt

COPS Prime: Kwok Ho Chan [[email-masked]]
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-aoun-midcom-cops-01.txt

--------------------- 

The individual authors will have one week (until May 10th) to make updates
to the drafts to incorporate the comments.

Following this phase, my role as editor becomes central to the process (my
motivation for wanting lots of feedback during the next 48 hours rather than
during the last 48 hours for feedback on my initial amalgamated draft), with
the following timeline:

-----------------------------------------

May 10th-May 24th       Editor's primary task is underway. 
                  Information from the specific protocol drafts is 
                  synthesized into a consistent format, with an objective 
                  comparison of the various proposals based upon the drafts 

May 24th        1st version of Protocol evaluation draft available. 

May 24th-June 7th       Mailing list discussion of the draft. 
                  Discussion of amalgamated pros/cons of the various
proposals 
                  Any other issues with the draft. 

June 7th        Conclusion of mailing list discussion. 

June 14th       Second version of draft available. 
  
June 14th-June 21st     Mailing list discussion 

June 28th       Draft ready for WGLC 

July 19th       WGLC ends 

July 26th       Updated draft based upon WGLC comments available 

Regards,
Mary H. Barnes
[email-masked]
972-684-5432
Wireless 817-703-4806