Subject: RE: [midcom] Protocol Eval: 2.2.7 Muliple Agents on same ruleset/ DIAMETER

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 11:19:14 -0500

Martin,

The wording is intended to convey that DIAMETER protocol as currently
specified does nothing that prevents Multiple agents from operating on the
same ruleset.  Thus, this requirement is met with DIAMETER as long as the
specification of its use for MIDCOM does nothing to prevent this, as well.  

For clarity, I propose we just leave the first sentence and remove the
second as it's stating the obvious: the detailed specification of DIAMETER
for MIDCOM must meet the MIDCOM requirement of allowing Multiple authorized
agents to work on the same ruleset. 

Regards,
Mary. 

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Stiemerling [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, June 24, 2002 3:56 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [midcom] Protocol Eval: 2.2.7 Muliple Agents on same
ruleset/DIAMETER

In Section 2.2.7 Multiple Agents operating on the same rule set, the 
text says:

"DIAMETER: Diameter itself offers no impediment to such an operation.
The Midcom application specification must avoid introducing such an
impediment"

My question is related to the wording, because I'm not 100% sure whether 
I understand this correct or not:
The Diameter protocol doesn't prevent multiple agents to work on the 
same rule set, but the specification has to avoid this case.

Does this wording express the same as the evaluation text, or is there 
any other meaning?

Martin

-- 
Martin Stiemerling

NEC Europe Ltd. -- Network Laboratories  [email-masked]
IPv4: http://www.ccrle.nec.de  IPv6: http://www.ipv6.ccrle.nec.de

_______________________________________________
midcom mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/midcom

_______________________________________________
midcom mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/midcom

---

From: Martin Stiemerling <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 12:32:23 +0200

> agents to work on the same ruleset. 

OK.

-- 
Martin Stiemerling