Subject: RE: [midcom] Protocol Eval: 2.2.7 Muliple Agents on same ruleset/ DIAMETER

From: "Tom-PT Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 12:08:41 -0400

What I meant by the wording was that when the Diameter application (messages
and behaviours) is defined, the behaviours in particular should be specified
in such a way that multiple Agents can operate on the same rule set.

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Stiemerling [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, June 24, 2002 4:56 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [midcom] Protocol Eval: 2.2.7 Muliple Agents on same
ruleset/DIAMETER

In Section 2.2.7 Multiple Agents operating on the same rule set, the 
text says:

"DIAMETER: Diameter itself offers no impediment to such an operation.
The Midcom application specification must avoid introducing such an
impediment"

My question is related to the wording, because I'm not 100% sure whether 
I understand this correct or not:
The Diameter protocol doesn't prevent multiple agents to work on the 
same rule set, but the specification has to avoid this case.

Does this wording express the same as the evaluation text, or is there 
any other meaning?

Martin

-- 
Martin Stiemerling

NEC Europe Ltd. -- Network Laboratories  [email-masked]
IPv4: http://www.ccrle.nec.de  IPv6: http://www.ipv6.ccrle.nec.de

_______________________________________________
midcom mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/midcom

_______________________________________________
midcom mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/midcom

---

From: Martin Stiemerling <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 10:06:31 +0200

> in such a way that multiple Agents can operate on the same rule set.

I think Mary's proposal sounds good. I was a little bit confused about 
this as an non-native english speaker, hence my comment.

Thanks
Martin

-- 
Martin Stiemerling