Subject: RE: [midcom] Megaco In The Evaluation

From: "Tom-PT Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 16:10:42 -0400

You are probably right.  Contexts are definitely a grouping mechanism, and
if you want to clear down all the rules in a group at once a wildcarded
Subtract does the job nicely.

The one point that has made me hesitant is that in Megaco the Context
implies flows between its contained terminations.  We would have to discard
this connotation for MIDCOM.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Penfield [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, June 10, 2002 5:54 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [midcom] Megaco In The Evaluation

The evaluation of Megaco mentions Contexts (which can be used to group
related Terminations) in the intro, but they are not mentioned anywhere else
in the document. I think Contexts go a long way toward satisfying
requirements 2.2.2 (multiple middlebox action types) and 2.2.3 (Ruleset
groups).

In particular, section 2.2.3 mentions the policy model described in Appendix
C as the answer for the requirement, but claims Total compliance. The use of
Contexts for grouping would be totally compliant.

cheers,
(-:bob

Robert F. Penfield
Chief Software Architect
Acme Packet, Inc.
130 New Boston Street
Woburn, MA 01801
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
midcom mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/midcom

_______________________________________________
midcom mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/midcom