Subject: RE: [midcom] Protocol evalutation: General comments

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 10:09:04 -0500

Hi Martin,

Thank you for your careful review of the document.  Yes, there are some
unprintable characters introduced by my original "source" editor.  These are
"slanted" quotes and double quotes on my keyboard, so they don't stand out
when I print out prior to submission.  I will correct all these prior to
submitting the next version. 

I'll be responding to each of your other emails separately.  As editor, I
certainly appreciate your separating each of the issues into a separate
email thread as it makes it much easier for me to track the changes I need
to make. Since, your other emails did not receive any feedback on the list,
I will be proposing how I plan to handle each of the issues you highlight in
the next version of the document.  If you or others don't agree, then we
need to discuss ASAP as I would like to have general agreement by noon CST
on Thursday so that I have sufficient time to get the document updated. 

Also, out of the very interesting thread of discussion last Friday, I did
not determine that there were any explicit suggestions proposed for making
changes to the protocol evaluation. If that's incorrect, please let me know.

Regards,
Mary. 

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Stiemerling [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, June 24, 2002 2:56 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [midcom] Protocol evalutation: General comments

Hi,

I have some comments/question with respect to the protocol evaluation 
draft. I'll split my comments into several emails to ease the discussion.
Here are some general comments about the document.
There are some unprintable characters in the document (at least my vi 
doesn't like them and my printer uses some characters that are used in 
the german character set, called Umlaute).
Here is the list:
- Table of Contens: In headings "Appendix A" and "Apendix D"
- Section 1.1.3: In "[Editor's note:" the single quotation mark looks 
like the combination AE.
- Section 2.1.10: SNMP paragraph. The same as above.
- Section 2.2.4: "DIAMETER: he Diameter concept". It should be "The 
Diameter..."
- Normative References: In both items the first quotation mark isn't a 
quotation mark
- Intellectual Propery Statements: There are several strange characters 
in the first paragraph.

Martin
-- 
Martin Stiemerling

NEC Europe Ltd. -- Network Laboratories  [email-masked]
IPv4: http://www.ccrle.nec.de  IPv6: http://www.ipv6.ccrle.nec.de

_______________________________________________
midcom mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/midcom

_______________________________________________
midcom mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/midcom

---

From: Martin Stiemerling <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 09:52:55 +0200

> on Thursday so that I have sufficient time to get the document updated. 

A discussion on the list would be quite useful and I hope some people, 
at least the authors of the particular intial documents, can answer my 
questions.

> changes to the protocol evaluation. If that's incorrect, please let me know.

I think you're correct. There were no explicitly suggestions to change 
the protocol evaluation.

Cheers
Martin

-- 
Martin Stiemerling