Subject: RE: [midcom] Protocol Eval: 2.1.3 Middlebox can relate to multipl e Agents

From: "Tom-PT Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 12:08:42 -0400

The Megaco protocol as specified allows the MG to be associated with only
one MGC at a time (leaving aside a transient case where contact with the
first controller has been lost).  Megaco does support the "Virtual Media
Gateway" concept, which would thus mean that the same box (MB in our
context) can have associations with multiple controllers (MAs in our
context).  However, Megaco requires that a given termination and a given
context belong to one and only one MG, virtual or otherwise.  This is why we
had to resort to indirect rule modelling to give multiple Agents access to
the same rule set.  

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Stiemerling [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, June 24, 2002 7:52 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [midcom] Protocol Eval: 2.1.3 Middlebox can relate to multiple
Agents

- MEGACO
  There is editor's note about the VMG concept. Can somebody put some 
light on this issue, whether MEGACO can effectively work with multiple 
agents?

[snip]
_______________________________________________
midcom mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/midcom

_______________________________________________
midcom mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/midcom