Subject: [midcom] Protocol Eval: 2.1.3 Middlebox can relate to multiple Agents

From: Martin Stiemerling <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 13:51:30 +0200

- MEGACO
  There is editor's note about the VMG concept. Can somebody put some 
light on this issue, whether MEGACO can effectively work with multiple 
agents?

- COPS
The text says, that COPS specifies that one PEP uses only one PDP and 
that the use of multiple PDPs isn't precluded.
But the only hint that I've found which allows a PEP to communicate with 
  multiple PDPs is in RFC 2748, section 2.3 "Communication". This 
section says that PEPs that support several different client types can 
open several TCP connections to different PDPs. But in the case of only 
one client type, I seems that only one Agent can be reached.

So my vote for COPS and section 2.1.3 is 'Failed', or is there any trick 
of that I'm not aware?

-- 
Martin Stiemerling

NEC Europe Ltd. -- Network Laboratories  [email-masked]
IPv4: http://www.ccrle.nec.de  IPv6: http://www.ipv6.ccrle.nec.de

_______________________________________________
midcom mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/midcom