Subject: [midcom] RSVP for middlebox communication mailing list

From: Melinda Shore <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2002 11:58:44 -0400

I've established a mailing list, called "tist", for discussion of 
the use of RSVP (or an RSVP-like protocol) for middlebox communication.
There's an initial protocol proposal at
http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shore-tist-prot-00.txt
and I'm in the process of putting together a proposed agenda for
a BOF at the upcoming meeting.

To subscribe, send email to [email-masked] with "subscribe tist"
in the body of the message.

Melinda

_______________________________________________
midcom mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/midcom

---

From: Jiri Kuthan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2002 20:16:59 +0200

I think it would be fair to refer to publications which came out with
the same idea earlier. 

-Jiri

Utz Roedig, Manuel Görtz, Martin Karsten, and Ralf Steinmetz. RSVP as Firewall Signalling Protocol. In Proceedings of the 6th IEEE Symposium on Computers and Communications, Hammamet, Tunisia, pages 57-62. IEEE, July 2001.

http://www.kom.e-technik.tu-darmstadt.de/publications/abstracts/RGKS01-1.html

---

From: "Christopher A. Martin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2002 13:57:11 -0500

I agree, and Melinda reminded me of TIST earlier today, I just think that
the comparison was very well done and had was very easy reading, these
should of course be included as well.

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
Jiri Kuthan
Sent: Friday, June 07, 2002 1:17 PM
To: Melinda Shore; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [midcom] RSVP for middlebox communication mailing list

-Jiri

Utz Roedig, Manuel Görtz, Martin Karsten, and Ralf Steinmetz. RSVP as
Firewall Signalling Protocol. In Proceedings of the 6th IEEE Symposium on
Computers and Communications, Hammamet, Tunisia, pages 57-62. IEEE, July
2001.

http://www.kom.e-technik.tu-darmstadt.de/publications/abstracts/RGKS01-1.htm
l