Subject: [midcom] Protocol eval: 2.1.2 RSIP - proposal to change score and text

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 16:31:28 -0500

Middlebox experts,

As I have said in a previous e-mail, RSIP clearly allows a host to
relate to multiple middleboxes. In the interest of providing as much
insight into and information about RSIP as possible, I pointed out
that, typically, a request for an RSIP operation comes from the host
affected by the operation. But requests for operations affecting one
host are permitted to come from a second host if that is consistent
with local policy.

But this in no way affects the ability of an RSIP client to have
simultaneous sessions with multiple gateways.

RSIP is currently scored a P on this requirement when it should, in
my opinion, clearly be a T.

I propose that the score of RSIP for this requirement be changed to T,
and the RSIP text under this requirement be changed to:

     RSIP allows a client to simultaneously have RSIP sessions with
     multiple RSIP gateways.

Comments expected and welcome.

Jim

_______________________________________________
midcom mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/midcom

---

From: Melinda Shore <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2002 18:42:02 -0400

>      RSIP allows a client to simultaneously have RSIP sessions with

I hope that you'll also provide some text describing the
complexity associated with having one "virtual" interface/
address on the host for each middlebox with which it's
communicating.

Melinda