Subject: RE: [midcom] Moving SPAN along

From: "Francois Audet" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 17:10:38 -0700

> The problem is not the case when two clients are behind the same NAT. 
> There are many ways to detect this, and once you know it, you can use 
> your private addresses.

Can you expand on the "many ways" to detect this?

I can't think of any way that does not require that both end cooperate on
this
through some standardized mechanism.

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 10:26:40 -0400

Francois Audet wrote:
> I can't think of any way that does not require that both end cooperate 
> on this

Right, it does require a cooperation and standardized protocol. Using 
STUN between the endpoints is one way. You can use STUN a few different 
ways, in fact - sent to the private address, to the public address, etc. 
All of that is really outside the scope of STUN and probably midcom as 
well, since its a specific usage of STUn by a protocol like SIP.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
midcom mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/midcom