Subject: [midcom] update to STUN

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 05:27:46 -0400

Folks,

I just posted an update to STUN based on comments received during WGLC. 
Until it appears in the archives, you can pick it up at:

http://www.jdrosen.net/papers/draft-ietf-midcom-stun-02.txt

The changes since -01 include:

* removed TARGET-TID
* added USERNAME and PASSWORD attributes, which are now handed out by 
the server in shared secret responses. The username is also placed in 
binding requests. Specified a minimum lifetime of 10m, maximum of 30m, 
for these, along with crypto requirements for them.
* removed shared secret error response since it was actually never used 
anywhere
* removed the length field from the reason phrase in the ERROR-CODE 
attribute since its redundant; the length is available from the 
attribute TLV structure.
* updated references; rfc3261 and rfc3303
* spell check
* added bit labels to the bitfield figures
* nits and typos and minor clarifications based on list comments

I believe this is now ready to go off to iesg.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
midcom mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/midcom