Subject: [midcom] Bind and Allow Semantics

From: "Tom-PT Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 19:13:22 -0400

Juergen and Martin have helped me convince myself that a single Enable
Request does not faithfully reproduce the semantics we require, even if it
looks elegant for combined NAT and firewall operation.  There will be
occasions where one needs the Bind for a specific call before the far-end
(exterior) address is known.  Performing an Enable as I defined it
previously would involve wildcarding the far-end address at least
momentarily, opening up a larger pinhole than needed.  While I was always
aware of this, I have finally realized that mandating it in a semantics
document would be a falsification of our requirements.

One more step toward unifying our semantics drafts ...

Tom Taylor
[email-masked]
Ph. +1 613 736 0961 (ESN 396 1490)

_______________________________________________
midcom mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/midcom