Subject: [midcom] I-D ACTION:draft-stiemerling-midcom-simco-03.txt (fwd)

From: Juergen Quittek <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 19:04:24 +0100

Dear all,

In parallel to the new version of the semantics, we submitted
a new verison of our experimental SIMCO protocol that implements
the updated semantics.

    Juergen

---------- Forwarded Message ----------
Date: 05 March 2003 06:30 -0500
From: [email-masked]
To: IETF-Announce
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-stiemerling-midcom-simco-03.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Simple Middlebox Configuration (SIMCO) Protocol
                          Version 2.0
	Author(s)	: M. Stiemerling, J. Quittek
	Filename	: draft-stiemerling-midcom-simco-03.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 2003-3-4
	
This memo specifies the Simple Middlebox Configuration (SIMCO)
protocol for configuring Network Address Translators (NATs) and
firewalls dynamically to create address bindings and open pinholes.
NATs and firewalls are a problem for applications using voice and
video streaming, such as IP telephony, because they need to establish
voice or video channels dynamically. The SIMCO protocol allows
clients to send requests for this purpose to serving NATs and/or
firewalls.  The protocol is designed to provide a simple and basic
solution that can easily be implemented and used. The protocol meets
all requirements defined by the MIDCOM working group (see [4]) and it
implements the MIDCOM semantics [3].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-stiemerling-midcom-simco-03.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-stiemerling-midcom-simco-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-stiemerling-midcom-simco-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---------- End Forwarded Message ----------

Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-stiemerling-midcom-simco-03.txt
From: [email-masked]
To: IETF-Announce: ;
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 06:30:28 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Simple Middlebox Configuration (SIMCO) Protocol 
                          Version 2.0
	Author(s)	: M. Stiemerling, J. Quittek
	Filename	: draft-stiemerling-midcom-simco-03.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 2003-3-4
	
This memo specifies the Simple Middlebox Configuration (SIMCO)
protocol for configuring Network Address Translators (NATs) and
firewalls dynamically to create address bindings and open pinholes.
NATs and firewalls are a problem for applications using voice and
video streaming, such as IP telephony, because they need to establish
voice or video channels dynamically. The SIMCO protocol allows
clients to send requests for this purpose to serving NATs and/or
firewalls.  The protocol is designed to provide a simple and basic
solution that can easily be implemented and used. The protocol meets
all requirements defined by the MIDCOM working group (see [4]) and it
implements the MIDCOM semantics [3].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-stiemerling-midcom-simco-03.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-stiemerling-midcom-simco-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-stiemerling-midcom-simco-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.