Subject: [midcom] firewall mib/ipsec policy config mib

From: "Harrington, David" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 19:11:44 -0500

Hi,

The IPSec Policy Configuration MIB (and related non-mib documents) are likely to advance to Proposed Standard status soon. Some of this mib's objects may apply to firewall and ACL configuration. 

It would be good if the WG could review the mib design and comment about its applicability in the MIDCOM environment. Note that an implementation has already been done to work with NET-SNMP.

Here's the mib: 
ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsp-ipsec-conf-mib-06.txt

Thanks,
dbh

David Harrington
Network Management Architect
Office of the CTO
Enterasys Networks
_______________________________________________
midcom mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/midcom

---

From: Wes Hardaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 15:16:47 -0800

>>>>> On Mon, 10 Mar 2003 19:11:44 -0500, "Harrington, David" <[email-masked]> said:

David> The IPSec Policy Configuration MIB (and related non-mib
David> documents) are likely to advance to Proposed Standard status
David> soon. Some of this mib's objects may apply to firewall and ACL
David> configuration.

David> It would be good if the WG could review the mib design and
David> comment about its applicability in the MIDCOM environment. Note
David> that an implementation has already been done to work with
David> NET-SNMP.

Specifically, it's based on Net-SNMP and linux (though the management
interface should run on most platforms) and is available as a separate
project from Net-SNMP at http://net-policy.sourceforge.net/ .

-- 
Wes Hardaker
Network Associates Laboratories
_______________________________________________
midcom mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/midcom