Subject: [midcom] Semantics document

From: Melinda Shore <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 12:08:45 -0500

You may have noticed the announcement of a revision of the
semantics document.  The URL is
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-midcom-semantics-01.txt.
Please have a look at it, particularly section 8, and bring
any discussion you may have to the mailing list.  We'd like
to get this document through WG last call in May.

The identified open issues are:

     - Is IP wildcarding required? What would be application sceanrios
       for IP wildcarding?

     - Further elaborate the capability information sent from the
       middlebox to the agent at session setup.  What further capability
       information should be sent?

     - Is there a need to support enabling ICMP, IGMP, RSVP, ...?

     - In case of a failure of the SE transaction because the encryption
       method suggested by the agent is not supported by the middlebox:
       Should the middlebox reply with a list of supported encryption
       methods?

     - Further elaborate section on security considerations.

     - Shall the agent be able to specify parameters for protection
       against denial of service attacks? Examples are
          - maximum total number of TCP connection setups allowed
          - maximum number of TCP connection setups per minute
          - maximum number of UDP packets per minute
          - maximum bit rate
          - ...

Thanks,

Melinda
_______________________________________________
midcom mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/midcom