Subject: [midcom] New draft - "Peer-to-Peer communication across Middleboxes"

From: Bryan Ford <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2003 12:43:41 -0500

Hi folks,

Pyda Srisuresh just recently submitted a new version of the Internet-Draft 
"Peer-to-Peer communication across Middleboxes" that he, Dan Kegel, and I 
have been working on together - intended to become an informational RFC 
describing the existing practice for P2P communication across middleboxes, 
with recommendations for application developers and NAT designers to support 
and increase the robustness of these techniques:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ford-midcom-p2p-01.txt

The main difference in this new version is that, as per the suggestions of 
Christian Huitema and others, the new IP option we proposed in the previous 
draft has been split out (to appear later in a separate draft).  Also the 
sections on recommendations to P2P application developers, and the security 
section, have been filled out much more.  We believe this draft is 
substantially complete and on-target (modulo a little more editing for flow, 
clarity, and stylistic consistency), and would like to solicit your comments 
and suggestions.  Thanks very much!

Bryan

_______________________________________________
midcom mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/midcom