Subject: [netext] FW: Consensus call on adopting I-D draft-liebsch-netext-pmip6-qos as WG document

From: Ahmad Muhanna <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 23:13:15 +0000

Hello Chairs,

I believe this draft is quite needed to fill the gap in the suite of extensions that are needed for a successful PMIPv6 deployment.

Thus:
I support the adoption of this draft as a working group document.

Regards,
Ahmad Muhanna

From: <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Date: May 23, 2012 2:01:52 PM CDT
To: <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Subject: [netext] Consensus call on adopting I-D draft-liebsch-netext-pmip6-qos as WG document
Hello,

The authors of the I-D: Quality of Service Option for Proxy Mobile IPv6
<draft-liebsch-netext-pmip6-qos>
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-liebsch-netext-pmip6-qos-01.txt

have requested the adoption of this I-D as a WG document.
The I-D itself has been presented at IETF83 and has also been reviewed by
multiple WG members.

The crux of the proposal is to extend PMIP6 signaling to enable support
for QoS.

Abstract

  This specification defines a new mobility option that can be used by
  the mobility entities in the Proxy Mobile IPv6 domain to exchange
  Quality of Service parameters associated with a subscriber's IP
  flows.  Using the QoS option, the local mobility anchor and the
  mobile access gateway can exchange available QoS attributes and
  associated values.  This enables QoS policing and labeling of packets
  to enforce QoS differentiation on the path between the local mobility
  anchor and the mobile access gateway.  Furthermore, making QoS
  parameters available on the MAG enables mapping these parameters to
  QoS rules being specific to the access technology which operates
  below the mobile access gateway.  After such mapping, QoS rules can
  be enforced on the access technology components, such as an IEEE
  802.11e Wireless LAN controller.

Please review the I-D and respond by June 6th with your opinion.
Respond to the following question:

Should the Netext WG adopt this I-D as a WG document?

Yes   [X]
No    [  ]

Thank you.
-Chairs

_______________________________________________
netext mailing list
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netext