Subject: [payload] I-D Action: draft-ietf-payload-rtp-h265-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2013 15:05:16 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Payloads Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : RTP Payload Format for High Efficiency Video Coding
	Author(s)       : Ye-Kui Wang
                          Yago Sanchez
                          Thomas Schierl
                          Stephan Wenger
                          Miska M. Hannuksela
	Filename        : draft-ietf-payload-rtp-h265-00.txt
	Pages           : 69
	Date            : 2013-07-01

Abstract:
   This memo describes an RTP payload format for the video coding
   standard  ITU-T  Recommendation  H.265  and  ISO/IEC  International
   Standard 23008-2, both also known as High Efficiency Video Coding
   (HEVC) [HEVC], developed by the Joint Collaborative Team on Video
   Coding (JCT-VC).  The RTP payload format allows for packetization of
   one or more Network Abstraction Layer (NAL) units in each RTP packet
   payload, as well as fragmentation of a NAL unit into multiple RTP
   packets.  Furthermore, it supports transmission of an HEVC stream
   over a single as well as multiple RTP flows.  The payload format has
   wide applicability in videoconferencing, Internet video streaming,
   and high bit-rate entertainment-quality video, among others.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-payload-rtp-h265

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-payload-rtp-h265-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Wang, Ye-Kui" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2013 23:18:31 +0000

Thanks to everyone who has made comments, short or long.

For information, in the submission, I have addressed comments from Roni, Rickard, Sachin and Woo, but not yet those suggestions from Tom, as I expect there to be some more discussions on those suggestion before we conclusion on what exactly to be included into the draft.

BR, YK

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
> Behalf Of [email-masked]
> Sent: Monday, July 01, 2013 3:05 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [payload] I-D Action: draft-ietf-payload-rtp-h265-00.txt
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> payload mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/payload