Subject: IESG agenda for 2007-04-05 telechat.

From: [email-masked] (Bill Fenner)
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 04:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

IESG Agenda

Good approximation of what will be included in the Agenda of next
Telechat (2007-04-05).

Updated 2:2:26 EDT, April 2, 2007
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Administrivia

    1.1 Roll Call
    1.2 Bash the Agenda
    1.3 Approval of the Minutes of the past telechat
    1.4 List of Remaining Action Items from Last Telechat
    1.5 Review of Projects

2. Protocol Actions

    Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
    reasonable basis on which to build the salient part of the Internet
    infrastructure? If not, what changes would make it so?"

     2.1 WG Submissions

           2.1.1 New Item

              Area  Date

              SEC  Feb 24 OpenPGP Message Format (Proposed Standard) -
                          1 of 6
                          draft-ietf-openpgp-rfc2440bis-19.txt [Open
                          Web Ballot]
                   Token: Sam Hartman
              RTG         Definition of an IS-IS Link Attribute sub-TLV
                          (Proposed Standard) - 2 of 6
                          draft-ietf-isis-link-attr-03.txt [Open Web
                          Ballot]
                   Token: Ross Callon
              SEC         Server-based Certificate Validation Protocol
                          (SCVP) (Proposed Standard) - 3 of 6
                          draft-ietf-pkix-scvp-31.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                   Token: Sam Hartman
                          Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) Key
              INT         Management Framework (Proposed Standard) - 4
                          of 6
                          draft-ietf-eap-keying-18.txt [Open Web
                          Ballot]
                   Token: Jari Arkko
              APP         WITHIN Search extension to the IMAP Protocol
                          (Proposed Standard) - 5 of 6
                          draft-ietf-lemonade-search-within-04.txt
                          [Open Web Ballot]
                   Token: Chris Newman
              INT         AII Types for Aggregation (Proposed Standard)
                          - 6 of 6
                          draft-ietf-pwe3-aii-aggregate-02.txt [Open
                          Web Ballot]
                   Token: Mark Townsley

           2.1.2 Returning Item
                 NONE

     2.2 Individual Submissions

          2.2.1 New Item

             Area  Date

             GEN         POP3 SASL Authentication Mechanism (Proposed
                         Standard) - 1 of 3
                         draft-siemborski-rfc1734bis-11.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                  Token: Lisa Dusseault
             GEN         Common Local Transmit and Receive Ports
                         (Symmetric RTP) (BCP) - 2 of 3
                         draft-wing-behave-symmetric-rtprtcp-02.txt
                         [Open Web Ballot]
                         Note: Picked up from RFC-editor independent
                         submission to be a AD-sponsored BCP. Was
                         earlier through an RFC 3932 review, so please
                         re-review.
                  Token: Magnus Westerlund
                         Support for Multiple Hash Algorithms in
             SEC         Cryptographically Generated Addresses (CGAs)
                         (Proposed Standard) - 3 of 3
                         draft-bagnulo-multiple-hash-cga-03.txt [Open
                         Web Ballot]
                         Note: Document shepherd: James Kempf
                         <[email-masked]>
                  Token: Russ Housley

          2.2.2 Returning Item

              Area  Date

              GEN  Feb 14 Handling Normative References to Standards
                          Track Documents (BCP) - 1 of 1
                          draft-klensin-norm-ref-04.txt [Open Web
                          Ballot]
                          Note: Target and scope changed from process
                          experiment to BCP
                   Token: Russ Housley

3. Document Actions

      3.1 WG Submissions

          Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
          reasonable
          contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
          covers? If
          not, what changes would make it so?"

          3.1.1 New Item

            Area  Date

            TSV         Defending TCP Against Spoofing Attacks
                        (Informational) - 1 of 3
                        draft-ietf-tcpm-tcp-antispoof-06.txt [Open Web
                        Ballot]
                        Note: Document Shepherd: Ted Faber
                        ([email-masked])
                 Token: Lars Eggert
            INT         Analysis of IPv6 Link Models for 802.16 based
                        Networks (Informational) - 2 of 3
                        draft-ietf-16ng-ipv6-link-model-analysis-03.txt
                        [Open Web Ballot]
                        Note: PROTO Shepherd is Soohong Daniel Park
                        <[email-masked]>
                 Token: Jari Arkko
            INT         TRILL Routing Requirements in Support of
                        RBridges (Informational) - 3 of 3
                        draft-ietf-trill-routing-reqs-02.txt [Open Web
                        Ballot]
                 Token: Mark Townsley

          3.1.2 Returning Item

             Area  Date

             INT         Link-layer Event Notifications for Detecting
                         Network Attachments (Informational) - 1 of 2
                         draft-ietf-dna-link-information-06.txt [Open
                         Web Ballot]
                  Token: Jari Arkko
             INT         Five-Document ballot: [Open Web Ballot] - 2 of
                         2
                         Host Identity Protocol (Experimental) - 2 of 2
                         draft-ietf-hip-base-07.txt
                         Using ESP transport format with HIP
                         (Experimental)
                         draft-ietf-hip-esp-05.txt
                         Host Identity Protocol (HIP) Registration
                         Extension (Experimental)
                         draft-ietf-hip-registration-02.txt
                         End-Host Mobility and Multihoming with the
                         Host Identity Protocol (Experimental)
                         draft-ietf-hip-mm-05.txt
                         Host Identity Protocol (HIP) Rendezvous
                         Extension (Experimental)
                         draft-ietf-hip-rvs-05.txt
                  Token: Mark Townsley

      3.2 Individual Submissions Via AD

          Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
          reasonable
          contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
          covers? If
          not, what changes would make it so?"

           3.2.1 New Item

             Area  Date

             GEN         CableLabs - IETF Standardization Collaboration
                         (Informational) - 1 of 1
                         draft-mule-ietf-cablelabs-collaboration-03.txt
                         [Open Web Ballot]
                  Token: Jari Arkko

           3.2.2 Returning Item
                 NONE

      3.3 Independent Submissions Via RFC Editor

          The IESG will use RFC 3932 responses: 1) The IESG has not
          found any conflict between this document and IETF work; 2)
          The
          IESG thinks that this work is related to IETF work done in WG
          <X>, but this does not prevent publishing; 3) The IESG thinks
          that publication is harmful to work in WG <X> and recommends
          not publishing at this time; 4) The IESG thinks that this
          document violates the IETF procedures for <X> and should
          therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
          approval; 5) The IESG thinks that this document extends an
          IETF protocol in a way that requires IETF review and should
          therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
          approval.

          Other matters may be recorded in comments to be passed on
          to the RFC Editor as community review of the document.

                3.3.1 New Item
                      NONE
                3.3.2 Returning Item
                      NONE

4. Working Group Actions

          4.1 WG Creation

                    4.1.1 Proposed for IETF Review
                                        NONE
                    4.1.2 Proposed for Approval
                                        NONE
          4.2 WG Rechartering

                    4.2.1 Under evaluation for IETF Review
                                        NONE
                    4.2.2 Proposed for Approval
                                        NONE

5. IAB News We Can Use

6. Management Issues

6.1 IANA registration for RFC 4235 (Cullen Jennings)
6.2 Designated Expert for RFC 4204 registry (lmp-parameters) [IANA #
68382] (Michelle Cotton)
6.3 Designated Expert for RFC 4430 registry (kink-parameters) [IANA #
68378] (Michelle Cotton)
6.4 IANA experts for RFC 3165 (Dan Romascanu)
6.5 Designated Expert for RFC 4807 registry (sdpActions) [IANA #68396]
(Michelle Cotton)
6.6 Designated Expert for RFC 4112 (ecmlv2-parameters) [IANA #68372]
(Michelle Cotton)
6.7 Approving selection of the IESG Liason to the IAB (Mark Townsley)
6.8 Approval of the AD sponsoring guidelines ION (Jari Arkko)
6.9 EGLOP Discussion [IANA #68011] (Michelle Cotton)
6.10 Designated Expert for RFC 3936 registry (rsvp-parameters) [IANA #
68374] (Michelle Cotton)
6.11 Designated Expert for RFC 4065 (card and cxtp parameters) [IANA #
68373] (Michelle Cotton)
6.12 Question regarding route-distinguisher-types [IANA #62509]
(Michelle Cotton)
6.13 Developing metrics in the IETF (Lars Eggert)
6.14 TMC (Tools Management Committee) (Cullen Jennings)

7. Working Group News

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 13:04:06 +0100

Hi Bill,

Still there? ;-)

On...

> 6.10 Designated Expert for RFC 3936 registry (rsvp-parameters) [IANA #

... you are, of course, aware that MPLS and CCAMP also make allocations from 
the rsvp-parameters registry.

A

---

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 06:59:13 -0700

>Still there? ;-)

My cron jobs are...

>.... you are, of course, aware that MPLS and CCAMP also make allocations from 

Hopefully the people who will be *on* the call know this too ;-)

  Bill