Subject: Re: [RTG-DIR] Routing directorate review of draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-hello-crypto-auth-08.txt

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2014 21:19:33 -0400

[Apologies, this review was due two weeks ago.  On the other hand, you 
have reved it 3 times during my laggard behavior.]

Hello mpls WG,

I have been selected as the Routing Directorate reviewer for this draft. 
The Routing Directorate seeks to review all routing or routing-related 
drafts as they pass through IETF last call and IESG review, and 
sometimes on special request. The purpose of the review is to provide 
assistance to the Routing ADs. For more information about the Routing 
Directorate, please see ​ 
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/rtg/trac/wiki/RtgDir

Although these comments are primarily for the use of the Routing ADs, it 
would be helpful if you could consider them along with any other IETF 
Last Call comments that you receive, and strive to resolve them through 
discussion or by updating the draft.

Document: draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-hello-crypto-auth-08.txt
Reviewer: Joel M. Halpern
Review Date: 3-June-2014
IETF LC End Date: closed
Intended Status: Standards Track

This document is basically ready for publication, but has nits that 
should be considered prior to publication.

The one nit is that I could not find the text indicating that if a 
receiver receives an unauthenticated LDP Hello packet, and is expecting 
authentication to be used (either always, or with the source the packet 
claims to be from) then the hello packet should be silently discarded.

Yours,
Joel

---

From: Manav Bhatia <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2014 06:58:47 +0530

Hi Joel,

Thanks for the review.

I am surprised we dont have this covered. If its not there, then we'll add
text to log an error message+drop packet as opposed to silently discarding
the packet.

Cheers, Manav

On Wed, Jun 4, 2014 at 6:49 AM, Joel M. Halpern <[email-masked]> wrote:

> drafts as they pass through IETF last call and IESG review, and sometimes
> on special request. The purpose of the review is to provide assistance to
> the Routing ADs. For more information about the Routing Directorate, please
> see ​ http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/rtg/trac/wiki/RtgDir
>
> would be helpful if you could consider them along with any other IETF Last
> Call comments that you receive, and strive to resolve them through
> This document is basically ready for publication, but has nits that should
> be considered prior to publication.
>

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2014 12:44:26 +0100

Thanks Joel!

I have added your nit to my IESG evaluation as a Comment so that we don't drop it.

Cheers,
Adrian

> -----Original Message-----
> From: rtg-dir [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Joel M. Halpern
> Sent: 04 June 2014 02:20
> To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-hello-crypto-
> [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [RTG-DIR] Routing directorate review of draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-hello-
> crypto-auth-08.txt
> 
> Directorate, please see