Subject: Re: [RTG-DIR] Sorry I missed that draft-ietf-spring-problem-statement were progressing to IESG review

From: "Alvaro Retana (aretana)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2016 13:49:46 +0000

On 2/1/16, 1:11 AM, "Loa Andersson" <[email-masked]> wrote:

Loa:

Hi!

>I just saw the DISCUSS from Deborah on draft-ietf-spring-problem-
>statement. This draft slid under mt  radar, sorry I should have been
>more observant.
>
>I find my self a bit split, on one hand I support Segment/Source
>Routing (there are a number of cases where it is beneficial), on the
>other hand I quite agree with what Deborah put in her DISCUSS/COMMENT.
>Especially we need to take care when we talk about other, especially
>IETF, technologies.

Even though the authors haven't replied to Deborah's DISCUSS, I'm sure
they will take that text out.

>I went back to see what we said in the rtg dir review and to my
>surprise found that it was not reviewed by the directorate. I fail to
>see why this is. Shouldn't this important draft  have been through a
>directorate review?

Yes, it probably should have -- that one is on me.

The IETF Last Call happened over the holidays, there had been extensive
discussion on the mailing list, this document is a "process document" (if
I was the only one deciding I wouldn't have published it), etc.  All that
doesn't justify the non-review -- just pointing out what went through my
mind at the moment.

Given the DISCUSSes there's still plenty of time for more review if anyone
who hasn't read this document wants to do it.

Thanks!

Alvaro.