Subject: what happens if receiving a SHUTDOWN from applicaiton in COOKIE_WAIT

From: "Lei Zhang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 11:44:44 +0200

Hi, friends:

if getting a SHUTDOWN from application in COOKIE_WAIT, shall I set the connection into closed state directly?

is there anything else I should do? 

Regards

Lei

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 03:55:25 -0600

Lei,

Dependes whether you have data outstanding to tbe sent.  If you do, you should
attempt to complete forming the connection, send the data (ostensibly bundled
with the COOKIE-ECHO chunk), wait for it to be acknowledged (possibly with SACK
bundled with COOKIE-ACK), send SHUTDOWN and move to the shutdown sent state.

If no data is outstanding, moving to the closed state could be ok because any
subsequent INIT-ACK will be discarded in the closed state.  It is also could
be ok to wait for the INIT-ACK before moving to the closed state.

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock    ¦ The reasonable man adapts himself to the ¦
[email-masked]    ¦ world; the unreasonable one persists in  ¦
http://www.openss7.org/ ¦ trying  to adapt the  world  to himself. ¦
                        ¦ Therefore  all  progress  depends on the ¦
                        ¦ unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw ¦