Subject: [secdir] secdir review of draft-ietf-rtgwg-policy-model-27

From: Dan Harkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2021 14:54:06 -0800

Hello!

   I have reviewed draft-ietf-rtgwg-policy-model-027 as part of the security
directorate's ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed
by the IESG.  These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the
security area directors.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat
these comments just like any other last call comments.

   This draft defines a YANG model for routing policy configuration. It
does not attempt to define every possible configuration but, instead,
some common policy configurations that are used presently. I am not a
YANG guy and will defer to the relevant doctors on that matter but the
draft looks like it adequately describes the subset it set out to.

   The security considerations note that data defined in the document are
to be accessed using either SSH or TLS (1.3!). Kudos to authors for
pointing out data nodes that are sensitive and need special attention.
The language should be adequate for an implementer to take heed.

   The summary of the review is READY.

   regards,

   Dan.

-- 
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to
escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius