Subject: RE: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-webdav-ordering-protocol-05.txt

From: "Clemm, Geoff" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 11:03:12 -0500

I have reviewed draft -05, and I think it is in excellent shape for
submission to the IESG (congratulations to Julian and his co-authors
for a fine job!).

I have just a couple of typos to report in section 7:
DAV:orderding-type-set => DAV:ordering-type-set
DAV:orderding-modified => DAV:ordering-modified

For aesthetic reasons, I would have preferred that the DAV:ordermember
element type have a hyphen, i.e. "DAV:order-member".  But I wouldn't
violently object if it is left the way it is.

Cheers,
Geoff

-----Original Message-----
From: Julian Reschke [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2003 8:51 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-webdav-ordering-protocol-05.txt

Hi.

The draft as it has been submitted is considered "finished", and therefore
it would be nice if it could be reviewed even by those that won't implement
it in the near future.

The original draft has been in "Last Call" over three years ago, but for
some reason it was never submitted as RFC. Since then, the following changes
were made:

B.1  Since draft-ietf-webdav-ordering-protocol dated December 1999
Updated contact information for all previous authors.
Specify charset when using text/xml media type.
Made sure artwork fits into 72 columns.
Removed "Public" header from OPTIONS example.
Added Julian Reschke to list of authors.
Fixed broken XML in PROPFIND example and added DAV:orderingtype to list of
requested properties.
Added support for DAV:supported-live-property-set and
DAV:supported-method-set as mandatory features.

B.2  Since draft-ietf-webdav-ordering-protocol-02
Updated change log to refer to expired draft version as "December 1999"
version.
Started rewrite marshalling in RFC3253-style and added precondition and
postcondition definitions.
On his request, removed Geoff Clemm's name from the author list (moved to
Acknowledgments).
Renamed "References" to "Normative References".
Removed reference to "MKREF" method.

B.3  Since draft-ietf-webdav-ordering-protocol-03
Added a set of issues regarding marshalling.
Changed host names to use proper "example" domain names (no change
tracking). Fixed host/destination header conflicts. Fixed "allow" header
(multiline). Removed irrelevant response headers. Abbreviated some URIs (no
change tracking).
Removed Jim Davis and Chuck Fay from the author list (and added them to the
Acknowledgements section).
Updated section on setting the position when adding new members, removed old
section on Position header.
Started work on Index section.
Changed structure for section 7 (no change tracking).
Removed header and XML elements section (contents moved to other sections).
Started new section on relation to versioned collections as per RFC3253.
Do not return 424's for in ORDERPATCH multistatus (it's atomic anyway).

B.4  Since draft-ietf-webdav-ordering-protocol-04
Added proper reference to definition of "Coded-URL".
Closed issue ordering-type-values (content model simplified and XML element
/ DAV property renamed) and updated examples.
Renamed precondition DAV:orderingtype-set to DAV:ordering-type-set (no
change tracking).
Closed issue ordered-header-name (header name changed to "ordering-type",
contents matches live property).
Closed issue ordermember-format (now takes segment instead of href).
Renamed compliance class to "ordered-collections" for consistency with newer
specs, and to allow detection of compliance to final version of spec.
Updated reference to XML spec to 1.0, 2nd edition.

Regards, Julian

[1] <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-dist-auth/1999OctDec/0337.html>

--
<green/>bytes GmbH -- http://www.greenbytes.de -- tel:+492512807760

---

From: "Julian Reschke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 17:27:11 +0100

> From: [email-masked]
> [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Clemm, Geoff
> Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2003 5:03 PM
> To: [email-masked]

Of course these are the typos that I've put in on purpose to see whether
people are reading it thourougly :-)

> violently object if it is left the way it is.

Agreed. I think I'll change that as well.

Julian