Subject: [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-reschke-webdav-locking-05.txt]

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 22:46:40 +0200

Hi,

I have submitted another version of my experimental stand-alone locking
protocol document.  Revision 05
(<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-webdav-locking-05.html>
and
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-reschke-webdav-locking-05.txt>)
have the changes described below:

E.5  Since draft-reschke-webdav-locking-04

    Add description of the lock as a resource and it's state (merging in
    Timeout semantics from old headers section).  Close issues
    "040_LOCK_ISSUES_06",
    "063_LOCKS_SHOULD_THEY_USE_AN_IF_HEADER_TO_VERIFY" and
    "088_DAVOWNER_FIELD_IS_CLIENT_CONTROLED".  Move edited version of
    "Write Lock" chapter.

(The HTML versions have all changes highlighted, so it's easy to see
what actually has been changing between revisions since the "import" of
text from RFC2518).

As usual, edits are ongoing on
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-webdav-locking-latest.html>.
The current issues list is at
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-webdav-locking-issues.html>.

Feedback appreciated, Julian

-------- Original Message --------

-------- Original Message --------
From: - Thu Jul 15 22:44:58 2004
helo=megatron.ietf.org)	by megatron.ietf.org with esmtp (Exim 4.32)	id 
1BlBuI-00070l-57; Thu, 15 Jul 2004 15:28:38 -0400
Received: from odin.ietf.org ([132.151.1.176] helo=ietf.org)	by 
megatron.ietf.org with esmtp (Exim 4.32) id 1BlBon-0005kG-5r	for 
[email-masked]; Thu, 15 Jul 2004 15:22:57 -0400
Received: from CNRI.Reston.VA.US (localhost [127.0.0.1])	by ietf.org 
(8.9.1a/8.9.1a) with ESMTP id PAA16430	for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 
15 Jul 2004 15:22:55 -0400 (EDT)
Message-Id: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: Multipart/Mixed; Boundary="NextPart"
To: [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 15:22:55 -0400
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-reschke-webdav-locking-05.txt
X-BeenThere: [email-masked]
X-Mailman-Version: 2.1.5
Precedence: list
Reply-To: [email-masked]
List-Id: i-d-announce.ietf.org
List-Unsubscribe: 
<https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce>, 
<mailto:[email-masked]?subject=unsubscribe>
List-Post: <mailto:[email-masked]>
List-Help: <mailto:[email-masked]?subject=help>
List-Subscribe: <https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce>, 
<mailto:[email-masked]?subject=subscribe>
Sender: [email-masked]
Errors-To: [email-masked]
X-GMX-Antivirus: -1 (not scanned, may not use virus scanner)
X-GMX-Antispam: 0 (Mail was not recognized as spam)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Web Distributed Authoring and Versioning (WebDAV) Locking Protocol
	Author(s)	: J. Reschke
	Filename	: draft-reschke-webdav-locking-05.txt
	Pages		: 45
	Date		: 2004-7-15
	
This document specifies a set of methods and headers ancillary to
    HTTP/1.1 (RFC2616) and Distributed Authoring and Versioning (WebDAV,
    RFC2518) for the management of resource locking (collision
    avoidance).  It updates those sections from RFC2518 that specify
    WebDAV's locking features.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-reschke-webdav-locking-05.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-reschke-webdav-locking-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-reschke-webdav-locking-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

-- 
<green/>bytes GmbH -- http://www.greenbytes.de -- tel:+492512807760
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce