Subject: lockroot description in rfc2518bis-05

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2004 21:08:06 +0200

Hi,

it currently says:

"13.4    lockroot XML Element

    Name:    lockroot
    Namespace:   DAV:
    Purpose: Contains the root URL of the lock, which is the URL of the
             resource that was addressed in the LOCK request.
    Description: The href contains a URL with the address of the root of
             the lock. The server SHOULD include this in all
             lockdiscovery property values and the response to LOCK
             requests.
    Extensibility: MAY be extended with additional child elements or
             attributes which SHOULD be ignored if not recognized.

    <!ELEMENT lockroot (href) >"

That doesn't ensure that in the case of multiple URIs mapped to the same 
resource, the property does indeed contain the URL that was addressed by 
the LOCK request.  Thus, I'd propose the following change:

    Purpose: Contains the root URL of the lock, which is the URL through
             which the resource was addressed in the LOCK request.

Best regards, Julian

-- 
<green/>bytes GmbH -- http://www.greenbytes.de -- tel:+492512807760

---

From: Geoffrey M Clemm <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 17:58:03 -0400

I agree with this change.

Cheers,
Geoff

---

From: Elias Sinderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2004 08:38:27 -0700

The proposed change makes sense to me as well.

Cheers,
Elias

Julian Reschke wrote:

> That doesn't ensure that in the case of multiple URIs mapped to the 
> same resource, the property does indeed contain the URL that was 
> addressed by the LOCK request.  Thus, I'd propose the following change:
>

---

From: Lisa Dusseault <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 09:49:03 -0700

OK, will do, this clearly makes it less ambiguous.

Lisa

On Jul 3, 2004, at 2:58 PM, Geoffrey M Clemm wrote:

>> same