Subject: [Arcing] Howdy

From: Ted Hardie <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2016 09:21:29 -0800

Greetings early arc-ers,

I see that there are a couple of dozen folks currently on the list, and I
wanted to give you a heads-up that we're about to send a "y'all come"
message to various IETF lists.  It's below; feel free to crib from it to
invite your friends.

regards,

Ted

Currently planned to send to apps-discuss, DNSOP, DNSSD, INIP-public etc.

Howdy

Andrew Sullivan, Suzanne Woolf and I have put a request in for a BoF at
IETF 95 (arcing <http://tools.ietf.org/bof/trac/>) that is trying to take a
slightly different squint at how to manage alternative resolution contexts
like that of mDNS, .onion, or similar.  We're trying to look beyond recent
issues about RFC 6761 and special use name
​ to see if there are different architectural approaches to the general
problem.

​
There's a stab at a problem statement draft
<https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hardie-resolution-contexts-01.txt>
available, building off of work that's already been done in DNSOP and other
places.  There is also a mailing list set up for early discussion (
[email-masked]), and we'd appreciate anyone interested in the topic
joining the discussion there.

thanks,

Ted, Andrew, Suzanne