Subject: [avtext] I-D Action: draft-ietf-avtext-multiple-clock-rates-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 06:43:14 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Support for Multiple Clock Rates in an RTP Session
	Author(s)       : Marc Petit-Huguenin
                          Glen Zorn
	Filename        : draft-ietf-avtext-multiple-clock-rates-04.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2012-04-23

   This document clarifies the RTP specification when different clock
   rates are used in an RTP session.  It also provides guidance on how
   to interoperate with legacy RTP implementations that use multiple
   clock rates.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avtext-multiple-clock-rates-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avtext-multiple-clock-rates-04.txt

---

From: Glen Zorn <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 20:46:43 +0700

I talked with Marc about this draft in Paris.  I believe that he was of 
the opinion that it would be ready for WGLC with a few editorial 
changes; Ive made those changes (and a few others) and I think that it 
is, indeed, ready.

> _______________________________________________
> avtext mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avtext

---

From: Glen Zorn <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 20:46:58 +0700

I talked with Marc about this draft in Paris.  I believe that he was of 
the opinion that it would be ready for WGLC with a few editorial 
changes; I've made those changes (and a few others) and I think that it 
is, indeed, ready.

---

From: Harald Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 16:34:56 +0200

I have reviewed the document, and have the following comments:

- Since section 4.1 (the core recommendation) consists of 2 different 
cases with very different recommendations, I suggest the "with-RTCP" 
case and the "without-RTCP" case should be separate subsections.

- Since I only care about the "with-RTCP" case, I suggest that this 
should be listed first :-)

- The security considerations should be updated to say "This document is 
not believed to affect the security of the RTP sessions described here 
in any way". (and then let's see if someone challenges this statement).

- There are still a couple of [[comment sections]] that should probably 
be removed before the Last Calls start rolling in.

Apart from that, I think it's ready.

              Harald

On 04/23/2012 03:46 PM, Glen Zorn wrote:
> I talked with Marc about this draft in Paris.  I believe that he was 
> of the opinion that it would be ready for WGLC with a few editorial 
> changes; I've made those changes (and a few others) and I think that 
> it is, indeed, ready.
>
>> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
>> directories. This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport 
>> Extensions Working Group of the IETF.
>>

---

From: Glen Zorn <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 12:30:09 +0700

On 04/27/2012 09:34 PM, Harald Alvestrand wrote:
> case and the "without-RTCP" case should be separate subsections. .

> should be listed first :-)

Seems reasonable.

>
> - The security considerations should be updated to say "This document 
> is not believed to affect the security of the RTP sessions described 
> here in any way". (and then let's see if someone challenges this 
> statement).

OK.

>
> - There are still a couple of [[comment sections]] that should 
> probably be removed before the Last Calls start rolling in.

Actually, I was hoping for some comments on the comments since they are 
all questions.

> Apart from that, I think it's ready.
...