Subject: [avtext] I-D Action: draft-ietf-avtext-splicing-for-rtp-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2012 01:52:54 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Content Splicing for RTP Sessions
	Author(s)       : Jinwei Xia
	Filename        : draft-ietf-avtext-splicing-for-rtp-08.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2012-07-09

Abstract:
   Content splicing is a process that replaces the content of a main
   multimedia stream with other multimedia content, and delivers the
   substitutive multimedia content to the receivers for a period of
   time.  Splicing is commonly used for local advertisement insertion by
   cable operators, replacing a national advertisement content with a
   local advertisement.

   This memo describes some use cases for content splicing and a set of
   requirements for splicing content delivered by RTP.  It provides
   concrete guidelines for how a RTP mixer can be used to handle content
   splicing.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtext-splicing-for-rtp

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-avtext-splicing-for-rtp-08

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-avtext-splicing-for-rtp-08

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/