Subject: [avtext] I-D Action: draft-ietf-avtext-splicing-for-rtp-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 02:07:37 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Content Splicing for RTP Sessions
	Author(s)       : Jinwei Xia
	Filename        : draft-ietf-avtext-splicing-for-rtp-11.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2012-10-22

Abstract:
   Content splicing is a process that replaces the content of a main
   multimedia stream with other multimedia content, and delivers the
   substitutive multimedia content to the receivers for a period of
   time.  Splicing is commonly used for local advertisement insertion by
   cable operators, replacing a national advertisement content with a
   local advertisement.

   This memo describes some use cases for content splicing and a set of
   requirements for splicing content delivered by RTP.  It provides
   concrete guidelines for how an RTP mixer can be used to handle
   content splicing.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtext-splicing-for-rtp

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-avtext-splicing-for-rtp-11

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-avtext-splicing-for-rtp-11

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/