Subject: [calsify] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC5545 (5215)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2017 05:19:53 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC5545,
"Internet Calendaring and Scheduling Core Object Specification (iCalendar)".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid5215

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Richard Smith <[email-masked]>

Section: 3.8.5.1

Original Text
-------------
   Purpose:  This property defines the list of DATE-TIME exceptions for
   recurring events, to-dos, journal entries, or time zone
   definitions.

...

   Conformance:  This property can be specified in recurring "VEVENT",
   "VTODO", and "VJOURNAL" calendar components as well as in the
   "STANDARD" and "DAYLIGHT" sub-components of the "VTIMEZONE"
   calendar component.

Corrected Text
--------------
   Purpose:  This property defines the list of DATE-TIME exceptions for
   recurring events, to-dos or journal entries.

...

   Conformance:  This property can be specified in recurring "VEVENT",
   "VTODO", and "VJOURNAL" calendar components.

Notes
-----
Section 3.8.5.1 describes Exception Date-Times (EXDATE).

tzprop (section 3.6.5) does not allow EXDATE.

(Of course, the problem could be that 3.6.5 should include EXDATE.)

Instructions:
-------------
This erratum is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party  
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC5545 (draft-ietf-calsify-rfc2445bis-10)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Internet Calendaring and Scheduling Core Object Specification (iCalendar)
Publication Date    : September 2009
Author(s)           : B. Desruisseaux, Ed.
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Calendaring and Scheduling Standards Simplification
Area                : Applications
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG