Subject: [Casm] Centralized address space management proposal

From: Rakesh Kumar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2017 16:28:52 +0000

Hi everyone,

I know we have exchanged lot of emails on “CASM” privately but let us start using the alias now for all exchanges. The plan as discussed was for me to send out proposal which we have discussed and publish a draft that captures those ideas.

Hi Marc,

As per your last response to private email thread, you have already started a draft. I really appreciate you taking a stab at it.
I am attaching the last email exchange with your response below for everyone’s benefit.

Thanks
Rakesh

>>Hi Will,

>>I am proposing following draft to start with.

>>1.       draft-casm-problems --> What are the problems in IPAM today?
>>Explain the reason to start new work.

>>2.       Draft-casm-framework --> Captures our idea of top level
>>framework to develop a solution for the problem identified in above
>>draft. We can leverage the thought captured in the architectural slide

>>Should be start with above drafts based on slides I sent? What do you
>>guys think?

yes.

>>Does anyone has cycles to kick these off if we agree this is a good
>>start?

I’ve already started kind of combo draft, so give me one more day and
I’ll send to you, for review before publishing. But
a) we shall stop using private group emails. let’s discuss on the
mailing list
b) I suggest you send your slide deck to the mailing list. that way it
will show the direction we are going, which is the most important part,
now.

Marc.