Subject: [Casm] Where is the "border"?

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2017 16:13:54 -0500

Hi all,

Following on from Benoit's
(https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/casm/IuL5Kn9H6EWLvBFwzvrFsni18Mc),
I had an additional question...

The Requirements and Framework document discusses "users" and
"multi-tenancy", but it wasn't hugely clear to me where the expected
"border" of the system is -- is there an expectation that this would
be shared / made available to "customers", or simply used within an
organization / enterprise? For example, is an expected use case that a
customer of an ISP could talk to the IPAM / CASM (through whatever
interface) and request address space?

Most of the document(s) describes things like NATs / firewalls /
whatever requesting space for use *within* an organization, but not to
external "customer" type scenarios.
Note: I'm not really suggesting that this *should* provide an
interface for customers type relationships, more trying to understand
where the edge / border is...

W

-- 
I don't think the execution is relevant when it was obviously a bad
idea in the first place.
This is like putting rabid weasels in your pants, and later expressing
regret at having chosen those particular rabid weasels and that pair
of pants.
   ---maf