Subject: [Casm] some comments on draft-li-casm-address-pool-management-arch

From: "Marc Blanchet" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2017 15:09:31 -0400

Hello,
  read your document. few comments:
- abstracts talks about IPv4 address depletion, but the rest of the 
document seems to be generic.
- IPv6 has the concept of prefix delegation up to inside the home, where 
the home may have multiple prefixes. And some users may have different 
prefix sizes depending on the « service level ». I don’t see this 
case handled currently in the architecture. might be too high-level.
- draft discusses « AddressPoolRenew request » but this does not 
seem to be specified.
- there were some discussions about « coordinated » instead of 
« centralized » where it does not need to be centralized. this 
document does not seem to address or look at the coordinated use case.
- control protocol: I think we should look at the inverse way: i.e. 
define the framework based on {net,rest}conf/yang, and then just handle 
the legacy side (radius).

Marc.

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2017 02:38:34 +1300

Hi,
On 22/03/2017 08:09, Marc Blanchet wrote:
..
> define the framework based on {net,rest}conf/yang, 

You don't even need to assume {net,rest}conf just because you assume
YANG. I think I can see the the draft YANG everything needed to direct
an autonomic solution.

> and then just handle 

Yes, you have to assume that some of the agents will need legacy solutions
to manage legacy targets.

    Brian