Subject: [conex] Merge of Use Cases drafts - advance warning!

From: "Toby Moncaster" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 11:24:18 -0000

All,

At the Beijing meeting there was a lot of discussion regarding which use
cases from draft-mcdysan-conex-other-usecases should be incorporated into
draft-ietf-conex-concepts-uses.

The meeting seemed to reach the following consensus: 

-- Inequity of Heavy versus Light Users. This sparked a lot of discussion
and _will_ appear in some form in the next version of the Concepts and Use
Cases draft.

-- Usage Tier/ Volume Feedback. This was of interest, but it was felt that
it would be best if Dave McDysan pursues it as an individual draft (at least
for now).

-- Feedback on Time of Day, Day of Week Charging. This got a cautious
"thumbs up", but needs care to avoid overt talk of charging and billing
issues. It _will_ be included in some form in the next version of the
Concepts and Use Cases draft.

-- Recharging for Implementing Congestion Pricing. This seemed to cause some
confusion and the only clear views expressed in the meeting were negative,
so it _will not_ be included in the combined draft. 

I am going to start two discussions over the next couple of days to try and
reach rough consensus on what actually needs to go into the combined draft.
The first will explore the issues raised by Dave's "Inequity of Heavy versus
Light Users" use case. The second will explore the "Feedback on Time of Day,
Day of Week Charging" use case.

Keep your eyes peeled and please contribute to the discussions when they
start!

Best Regards,

Toby Moncaster (on behalf of all the use case authors)

PS. I hope the discussions will rumble on for some time, but the draft
submission cut-off means we will try and capture the essence of the
discussions after about a week, ready to go into the revised draft.