Subject: [conex] ConEx is not the only solution? conex-concepts-uses

From: Bob Briscoe <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 23:51:35 +0100

John, Toby,

In the introduction to the main ConEx use cases (inform traffic mgmt, 
incentivise LEDBAT & intra-class user-controlled QoS), it current says:
         "In most cases ConEx is not the only solution to achieve these. "

I'd like to delete this sentence, as I don't believe it's true in 
these cases (unless one admits significantly inferior "solutions"). 
And it's a statement that is damning enough to get an activity stopped.

As previous editors of conex-concepts-uses, was there some history 
behind including that sentence that I've missed?

Cheers

Bob

________________________________________________________________
Bob Briscoe,                                BT Innovate & Design

---

From: John Leslie <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 20:26:34 -0400

> And it's a statement that is damning enough to get an activity stopped.

   I feel no attachment to that sentence -- I'm guessing we were saying
that other "more traditional" "solutions" would continue to be used
(and in some cases, there exist actual solutions to the issue which _do_
serve the need.)

> behind including that sentence that I've missed?

   Toby is in a better position to say...

--
John Leslie <[email-masked]>