Subject: [conex] Moving Deployment Arrangements from draft-ietf-conex-concepts-uses?

From: Bob Briscoe <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 18:29:08 +0100

Nandita,

Separating out Deployment Arrangements from your other email...

At 04:25 20/07/2011, Nandita Dukkipati wrote:
>8. Sec. 6. Deployment Arrangements
>The list of bullet points is not that helpful. Needs some thought on 
>how one can articulate the deployment part without relying too much 
>on the mechanisms draft.

Rich & I have had an idea: create a new draft about "single-network 
ConEx deployment". Then we can make concepts-uses and abstract-mech 
pre-requisite reading, and treat this subject properly.

It could focus on the charter scenario (single receiver's network) 
and also give an intra-data-centre scenario (Murari said he was 
willing to co-author on this subject in Prague). It could also point 
to draft-kutscher-conex-mobile.

Then we can have a brief section in concepts-uses pointing to this 
other draft and sumamrising it.

Reason: Otherwise concepts-uses will have to have a huge lump of 
different material right near the end. we are going to have to 
explain policers and audit and protocol mechanisms in order to 
sensibly discuss incremental deployment.

Bob

________________________________________________________________
Bob Briscoe,                                BT Innovate & Design