Subject: [core] TLS Cached Info

From: "Tschofenig, Hannes (NSN - FI/Espoo)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 14:16:10 +0200

Hi all,

since you may not be subscribed to the TLS working group mailing list I
thought I should share some information about ongoing activities with
relevance to you. 

During the Taipei IETF TLS meeting to remove the functionality of
conveying a public key fingerprint from draft-wouters-tls-oob-pubkey. I
did that already during that meeting with the submission of
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wouters-tls-oob-pubkey-02. I had posted
a mail about this the currently ongoing consensus call (see
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/tls/current/msg08290.html). 

The removed functionality is not gone but rather part of a different
document, namely
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tls-cached-info-10

>From the abstract of the draft:
"
   This extension allows the TLS client to inform a
   server of cached information from previous TLS handshakes, allowing
   the server to omit sending cached static information to the client
   during the TLS handshake protocol exchange.
"

This functionality is useful for the constrained environments you guys
are working on.

Receiving feedback from this community would be great. If you get
confused by all this TLS stuff drop me a mail. 

Ciao
Hannes