Subject: [core] New Version Notification for draft-silverajan-core-coap-alternative-transports-01.txt

From: Bill Silverajan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 13:17:32 +0200

Dear all,

We posted a new version of our draft, on using CoAP over alternative 
transports instead of UDP. The draft outlines some use cases, discusses 
various ways to represent transport protocols in URIs and outlines 
general requirements for conveying CoAP packets.

The draft isn't long and all comments/feedback are very welcome to keep 
improving future submissions.

Regards,
Bill

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for 
draft-silverajan-core-coap-alternative-transports-01.txt
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 11:42:25 -0800
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked]

A new version of I-D, 
draft-silverajan-core-coap-alternative-transports-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Bilhanan Silverajan and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-silverajan-core-coap-alternative-transports
Revision:	 01
Title:		 CoAP Communication with Alternative Transports
Creation date:	 2013-02-25
Group:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 12
URL: 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-silverajan-core-coap-alternative-transports-01.txt
Status: 
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-silverajan-core-coap-alternative-transports
Htmlized: 
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-silverajan-core-coap-alternative-transports-01
Diff: 
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-silverajan-core-coap-alternative-transports-01

Abstract:
    CoAP is being standardised as an application level REST-based
    protocol.  A single CoAP message is typically encapsulated and
    transmitted using UDP.  This draft examines the requirements and
    possible solutions for conveying CoAP packets to end points over
    alternative transports to UDP.  While UDP remains an optimal solution
    for use in IP-based constrained environments and nodes, M2M
    communication using non-IP networks, NAT and firewall traversal
    issues and possibly mechanisms incurring a lower overhead to CoAP/
    HTTP gateways provide compelling motivation for understanding how
    CoAP can operate in various other environments.

The IETF Secretariat