Subject: Re: [core] #271: Review groupcomm requirements language

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2013 11:27:46 -0000

#271: Review groupcomm requirements language

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * owner:  [email-masked] => [email-masked]
 * status:  new => assigned

Comment:

 Use of requirements language was reviewed by the authors; it is commonly
 used in informational RFCs (e.g. 6663, 5867, 3576) therefore propose to
 keep it. Requirements languagage serves these purposes in the GroupComm
 I-D:
 1. to clarify/quote/'echo' relevant normative requirements from other
 RFCs/I-Ds.
 2. to establish clear guidelines for a recommended way of using CoAP group
 communication; where implementers are free to follow these recommendations
 or not. To claim conformance to these guidelines an implementation MUST
 address all normative requirements stated.

-- 
-----------------------------------+------------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  task                   |      Status:  assigned
 Priority:  major                  |   Milestone:
Component:  groupcomm              |     Version:
 Severity:  -                      |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                         |
-----------------------------------+------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/271#comment:1>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>