Subject: [core] #328: Allow multicast POST under specific conditions

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 15:45:32 -0000

#328: Allow multicast POST under specific conditions

 Currently groupcomm-08 forbids use of multicast POST because it is a non-
 idempotent method used in an unreliable network situation without delivery
 guarantees. Text to be added that in specific conditions multicast POST
 would be allowed.

 Example text: “Group communication MAY be used for non-idempotent methods
 (i.e., CoAP POST) if the resource being POSTed is designed to support the
 lossy nature of multicast.  This is because not all group members are
 guaranteed to receive the multicast request, and the sender cannot readily
 find out which group members did not receive it.”

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-core-
  [email-masked]  |  [email-masked]
     Type:  protocol     |     Status:  new
  enhancement            |  Milestone:
 Priority:  major        |    Version:
Component:  groupcomm    |   Keywords:
 Severity:  -            |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/328>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>

---

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 10:20:18 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 done in groupcomm-09

Component:  groupcomm    |  Resolution:
 Keywords:               |

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/328#comment:1>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>

---

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 10:20:24 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-core-
  [email-masked]  |  [email-masked]
     Type:  protocol     |      Status:  closed
  enhancement            |   Milestone:
 Priority:  major        |     Version:
Component:  groupcomm    |  Resolution:  fixed
 Severity:  -            |
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/328#comment:2>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>