Subject: [core] #324: Discuss key pair generation for RPK

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 19:17:22 -0000

#324: Discuss key pair generation for RPK

 Sean Turner notes (msg04433d1ai):

 Section 9.1.3.2.1

 i) s9.1.3.2.1: For machines it's perfect appropriate to generate the key
 and install it because we doubt it'll be able to do that well enough right
 (i.e., crummy entropy sources)?  I want to make it clear that that's been
 done by the manufacturer.

 In this mode the device has an asymmetric key pair but without an X.509
 certificate (called a raw public key).

 to:

 In this mode the device has an asymmetric key pair but without an X.509
 certificate (called a raw public key); the asymmetric key paid is
 generated by the manufacturer and installed on the device.

 Carsten says:

 Well, it is probably more appropriate to suggest this than to state it as
 a fact.  (It is certainly not a requirement, as there are other ways to do
 provisioning.)  See also the new section 11.6 (#323).

 Strawman text:

 ...; e.g., the asymmetric key pair is generated by the manufacturer and
 installed on the device (see also Section 11.6).

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  [email-masked]
  [email-masked]           |     Status:  new
     Type:  other        |  Milestone:  post-IESG-1
  technical              |    Version:  coap-16
 Priority:  minor        |   Keywords:
Component:  coap         |
 Severity:  Submitted    |
  WG Document            |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/324>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>

---

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2013 21:03:13 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 Fixed in [1391]:

 Fix #324

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-core-
  [email-masked]           |  [email-masked]
     Type:  other        |      Status:  closed
  technical              |   Milestone:  post-IESG-1
 Priority:  minor        |     Version:  coap-16
Component:  coap         |  Resolution:  fixed
 Severity:  Submitted    |
  WG Document            |
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: </ticket/324#comment:1>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>