Subject: [core] Understanding problem

From: Pierre DAVID <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2013 11:16:54 +0200

Hi,

I have an understanding problem in draft-ietf-core-coap-16.txt.

4.3 says that NON messages MUST NOT be acknowledged (but they
MAY be resetted).

    => if I receive a NON addressed to the broadcast/multicast
	address, I understand that I MAY send back a RST message.

4.4 says that message correlation applies to NON messages

    => if I understand the previous section, the wording of first
	sentences of first and last paragraphs could be more precise
	since one can understand that ACK messages can be related to
	NON messages.

    => last paragraph implicitely says that NON messages addressed
	to broadcast/multicast addresses cannot be resetted since they
	can not be correlated. This is contrary to the first point.
	Am I right? 

Thanks in advance for your lights,

Pierre