Subject: [core] I-D Action: draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 07:46:28 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Constrained RESTful Environments Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Group Communication for CoAP
	Author(s)       : Akbar Rahman
                          Esko Dijk
	Filename        : draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-08.txt
	Pages           : 36
	Date            : 2013-05-27

Abstract:
   CoAP is a RESTful transfer protocol for constrained devices and
   constrained networks.  It is anticipated that constrained devices
   will often naturally operate in groups (e.g., in a building
   automation scenario all lights in a given room may need to be
   switched on/off as a group).  This document provides guidance for how
   the CoAP protocol should be used in a group communication context.
   An approach for using CoAP on top of IP multicast is detailed.  Also,
   various use cases and corresponding protocol flows are provided to
   illustrate important concepts.  Finally, guidance is provided for
   deployment in various network topologies.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-groupcomm

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-08

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Rahman, Akbar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 10:56:26 -0400

Hi All,

Esko and I have updated the Groupcomm I-D to address the following based
on mailing list discussions:

   Changes from ietf-07 to ietf-08:

   o  Updated text in section 3.6 (Configuring Group Membership in
      Endpoints) to make it more explicit that the Internet Media Type
      is used in the processing rules (#299).

   o  Addressed various comments from Peter van der Stok (#296).

   o  Various editorial updates for improved readability including
      defining all acronyms.

The authors to intend to do a final update by then end of this week
based on:
	- Double checking the requirements language (#271)
	- Checking off line with Peter van der Stok that we have
addressed all his comments (#296)

Any comments in the meantime are of course welcomed!

Best Regards,

Akbar & Esko.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Monday, May 27, 2013 10:46 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [core] I-D Action: draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-08.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Constrained RESTful Environments
Working Group of the IETF.

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
core mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/core