Subject: [core] I-D Action: draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 08:15:13 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Constrained RESTful Environments Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Group Communication for CoAP
	Author(s)       : Akbar Rahman
                          Esko Dijk
	Filename        : draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-09.txt
	Pages           : 37
	Date            : 2013-05-29

Abstract:
   CoAP is a RESTful transfer protocol for constrained devices and
   constrained networks.  It is anticipated that constrained devices
   will often naturally operate in groups (e.g., in a building
   automation scenario all lights in a given room may need to be
   switched on/off as a group).  This document provides guidance for how
   the CoAP protocol should be used in a group communication context.
   An approach for using CoAP on top of IP multicast is detailed.  Also,
   various use cases and corresponding protocol flows are provided to
   illustrate important concepts.  Finally, guidance is provided for
   deployment in various network topologies.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-groupcomm

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-09

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Rahman, Akbar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 11:24:01 -0400

Hi Carsten/Andrew,

Esko and I have updated the Groupcomm I-D to address the following:

	Changes from ietf-08 to ietf-09:

   	o  Cleaned up requirements language in general.  Also,
requirements
      language are now only used in section 3 (Protocol Considerations)
      and section 6 (Security Considerations).  Requirements language
      has been removed from other sections to keep them to a minimum
      (#271).

  	 o  Addressed final comment from Peter van der Stok to define
what "IP
      stack" meant (#296).  Following the lead of CoAP-17, we know refer
      instead to "APIs such as IPV6_RECVPKTINFO [RFC3542]".

 	  o  Changed text in section 3.4 (Group Methods) to allow
multicast
      POST under specific conditions and highlighting the risks with
      using it (#328).

   	o  Various editorial updates for improved readability.

The recommendation at the end of the Orlando IETF meeting was:

	o	Draft to be updated within a month, do a quick check on
the mailing list, and then WGLC

We believe that this condition has been met (i.e. with the 4 revisions
of the draft after Orlando and associated mailing list discussions).
Please advise us on the next steps (i.e. start of WGLC, or if you feel
that more updates need to be done to the draft).  Our opinion is that it
would be nice to have the draft finish WGLC by the time we meet in
Berlin.

Best Regards,

Akbar & Esko.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 11:15 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [core] I-D Action: draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-09.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Constrained RESTful Environments
Working Group of the IETF.

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
core mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/core