Subject: [core] I-D Action: draft-ietf-core-resource-directory-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2013 02:00:09 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Constrained RESTful Environments Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : CoRE Resource Directory
	Author(s)       : Zach Shelby
                          Srdjan Krco
                          Carsten Bormann
	Filename        : draft-ietf-core-resource-directory-00.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2013-06-03

Abstract:
   In many M2M applications, direct discovery of resources is not
   practical due to sleeping nodes, disperse networks, or networks where
   multicast traffic is inefficient.  These problems can be solved by
   employing an entity called a Resource Directory (RD), which hosts
   descriptions of resources held on other servers, allowing lookups to
   be performed for those resources.  This document specifies the web
   interfaces that a Resource Directory supports in order for web
   servers to discover the RD and to register, maintain, lookup and
   remove resources descriptions.  Furthermore, new link attributes
   useful in conjunction with an RD are defined.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-resource-directory

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-core-resource-directory-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/