Subject: [core] I-D Action: draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 09:45:33 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Constrained RESTful Environments Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Group Communication for CoAP
	Author(s)       : Akbar Rahman
                          Esko Dijk
	Filename        : draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-12.txt
	Pages           : 39
	Date            : 2013-07-30

Abstract:
   CoAP is a RESTful transfer protocol for constrained devices and
   constrained networks.  It is anticipated that constrained devices
   will often naturally operate in groups (e.g., in a building
   automation scenario all lights in a given room may need to be
   switched on/off as a group).  This document provides guidance for how
   the CoAP protocol should be used in a group communication context.
   An approach for using CoAP on top of IP multicast is detailed.  Also,
   various use cases and corresponding protocol flows are provided to
   illustrate important concepts.  Finally, guidance is provided for
   deployment in various network topologies.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-groupcomm

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-12

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-12

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Rahman, Akbar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 12:54:04 -0400

Hi Carsten,

We have updated the Groupcomm draft to address the issue raised by Zach
at the Monday IETF-Berlin as below.  Please start your personal final
review and/or call the WGLC as per your discretion.

Thanks,

Akbar

=====================================================

   Changes from ietf-11 to ietf-12:

   o  Removed reference to "CoAP Ping" in Section 3.5 (Group Member
      Discovery) and replaced it with the more efficient support of
      discovery of groups and group members via the CORE RD as suggested
      by Zach Shelby.

   o  Various editorial updates for improved readability

======================================================

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Tuesday, July 30, 2013 12:46 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [core] I-D Action: draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-12.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Constrained RESTful Environments
Working Group of the IETF.

Abstract:

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of
submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at
tools.ietf.org.

_______________________________________________
core mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/core