Subject: [core] I-D Action: draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 08:41:09 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Constrained RESTful Environments Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Group Communication for CoAP
	Author(s)       : Akbar Rahman
                          Esko Dijk
	Filename        : draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-11.txt
	Pages           : 38
	Date            : 2013-07-14

Abstract:
   CoAP is a RESTful transfer protocol for constrained devices and
   constrained networks.  It is anticipated that constrained devices
   will often naturally operate in groups (e.g., in a building
   automation scenario all lights in a given room may need to be
   switched on/off as a group).  This document provides guidance for how
   the CoAP protocol should be used in a group communication context.
   An approach for using CoAP on top of IP multicast is detailed.  Also,
   various use cases and corresponding protocol flows are provided to
   illustrate important concepts.  Finally, guidance is provided for
   deployment in various network topologies.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-groupcomm

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-11

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-11

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Rahman, Akbar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 11:46:47 -0400

Hi,

We have updated the Groupcomm I-D to address ticket #332 as follows:

   o  Added text to section 3.8 (Congestion Control) to clarify that a
      "CoAP client sending a multicast CoAP request to /.well-known/core
      SHOULD support core-block" (#332).

Best Regards,

Akbar & Esko

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Sunday, July 14, 2013 11:41 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [core] I-D Action: draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-11.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Constrained RESTful Environments
Working Group of the IETF.

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
core mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/core