Subject: [core] Question to draft-gerdes-core-dcaf-authorize-00

From: "Cao,Zhen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 14:57:41 +0200

Hello Authors,

Thanks for the awesome draft.

I notice the tickets and AS usage in the draft, which recall me about
the Kerberos work in IETF. Are they relevant?

Thanks,
-z

---

From: Stefanie Gerdes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 20:28:24 +0200

Hallo Zhen,

> the Kerberos work in IETF. Are they relevant?

We actually had Kerberos in mind when we started thinking about using
access tickets in DCAF. Our requirements are a bit different however,
because most of our messages are transmitted using DTLS which provides
us with some security features, e.g. replay attack prevention.
Additionally, we want to allow for various revocation mechanisms and for
that reason have a lifetime in our ticket face which is optional.

I'm not quite sure if there is still so much similarity to Kerberos or
if it would rather be confusing if we mention it in our draft.

Best regards,
Steffi

---

From: "Cao,Zhen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 15:18:47 +0200

> if it would rather be confusing if we mention it in our draft.

Understand, thanks for help clarification.

Best regards,
-z