Subject: [core] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-gerdes-core-dcaf-authorize-00.txt

From: Stefanie Gerdes <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 00:47:58 +0200

Dear all,

please find below the announcement of our draft submission. The draft
introduces authorization servers which conduct authentication and
authorization for constrained nodes and provide keying material for the
establishment of a DTLS channel using only symmetric cryptography on the
constrained devices.

Best regards,
Steffi

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: I-D Action: draft-gerdes-core-dcaf-authorize-00.txt
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 15:25:55 -0700
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title           : Delegated CoAP Authorization Function (DCAF)
	Author(s)       : Stefanie Gerdes
                          Olaf Bergmann
                          Carsten Bormann
	Filename        : draft-gerdes-core-dcaf-authorize-00.txt
	Pages           : 35
	Date            : 2013-07-15

Abstract:
   This specification defines a protocol for delegating client
   authentication and authorization in a constrained environment for
   establishing a Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS) channel
   between resource-constrained nodes.  The protocol relies on DTLS to
   transfer authorization information and shared secrets for symmetric
   cryptography between entities in a constrained network.  A resource-
   constrained node can use this protocol to delegate authentication of
   communication peers and management of authorization information to a
   trusted host with less limitations regarding processing power and
   memory.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gerdes-core-dcaf-authorize

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gerdes-core-dcaf-authorize-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt