Subject: [core] Fw: New Version Notification for draft-pporamba-dtls-certkey-00.txt

From: "pporamba" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2013 20:30:56 -0500

Dear CORE members,

Please, find below the announcement of our submission dealing with first 
ideas to bring dtls-based secure key establishment for IoT.

Regards,
Pawani

Original Message
----------------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-pporamba-dtls-certkey-00.txt
From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2013 07:51:50 -0700

A new version of I-D, draft-pporamba-dtls-certkey-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Pawani Porambage and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-pporamba-dtls-certkey
Revision:	 00
Title:		 Certificate based keying scheme for DTLS secured IoT
Creation date:	 2013-06-23
Group:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 14
URL:            
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pporamba-dtls-certkey-00.txt
Status:          http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-pporamba-dtls-certkey
Htmlized:        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pporamba-dtls-certkey-00

Abstract:
   The IP-based Internet of Things (IoT) stands for the universal
   interconnection of smart objects and back end users with the help of
   IP protocols.  Secure key management among the smart objects is an
   important aspect of IoT security.  Due to the high levels of resource
   constraints of the devices in terms of memory, battery capacity and
   CPU power, and other network characteristics such as mobility,
   scalability, heterogeneity and limited bandwidth, the conventional
   security protocols cannot be directly deployed in IoT networks in
   their raw formats.  We propose a lightweight DTLS-based keying
   mechanism for CoAP IoT smart objects which supports the scalability
   of the network and node mobility.  The protocol consumes less device
   resources and minimum network bandwidth by incurring low message
   overhead.  The smart objects can securely access the network and
   obtain certificates after an initial configuration irrespective of
   the manufacturer standards.

The IETF Secretariat