Subject: [core] draft-ietf-core-coap-18 was approved today

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 13:37:16 -0400

As you can see:

> State changed to Approved-announcement to be sent from IESG Evaluation
> ID Tracker URL: http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-coap/

...the coap document was approved on today's IESG telechat.  The
official Protocol Action announcement should be posted to
ietf-announce early next week.  Thanks very much, everyone, for the
good work on this document and for being responsive in addressing the
IESG comments.

If you look at the ballot:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-coap/ballot/
...you'll see that the document has, in addition to verbal praise for
it in the comments, *eight* "Yes" ballots from the IESG (and seven "No
Objection").  That is extremely unusual -- only one "Yes" is required,
most documents are approved with one or two "Yes" and fourteen or
thirteen "No Objection", and more than three or four "Yes" ballots is
rare.

That's by way of saying that the IESG as a whole considers this to be
both an important and well done document.  The working group and the
editors should be proud of it.

Barry, Applications AD

---

From: "Rahman, Akbar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 00:13:05 -0400

That's really good news!  Good job by the Editors (Zach, Carsten,
Klaus).

Carsten - Does that mean you are going to buy us all a beer/coffee in
Berlin after the WG session?  :)

Best Regards,

Akbar

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Barry Leiba
Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2013 1:37 PM
To: [email-masked] WG
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [core] draft-ietf-core-coap-18 was approved today

...the coap document was approved on today's IESG telechat.  The
official Protocol Action announcement should be posted to ietf-announce
early next week.  Thanks very much, everyone, for the good work on this
document and for being responsive in addressing the IESG comments.

If you look at the ballot:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-coap/ballot/
...you'll see that the document has, in addition to verbal praise for it
in the comments, *eight* "Yes" ballots from the IESG (and seven "No
Objection").  That is extremely unusual -- only one "Yes" is required,
most documents are approved with one or two "Yes" and fourteen or
thirteen "No Objection", and more than three or four "Yes" ballots is
rare.

Barry, Applications AD
_______________________________________________
core mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/core

---

From: Rick Bullotta <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 10:00:56 +0000

Congratulations and thanks to all of you for your hard work!

Rick
ThingWorx