Subject: [core] Update to draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-10

From: "Dijk, Esko" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 14:53:01 +0000

Dear all,

This update contains various editorial changes. See below changelog for reference.
Html: http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-10
Diff:  http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-10

regards,
Esko & Akbar

Changes from ietf-09 to ietf-10:

   o  Various editorial updates including:

   o  Added a fourth option in section 3.3 on ways to obtain the URI
      path for a group request.

   o  Clarified use of content format in GET/PUT requests for
      Configuring Group Membership in Endpoints (in section 3.6).

   o  Changed reference "draft-shelby-core-resource-directory" to
      "draft-ietf-core-resource-directory".

   o  Clarified (in section 3.7) that ACKs are never used for a
      multicast request (from #296).

   o  Clarified (in section 5.2/5.2.3) that MPL does not support group
      membership advertisement.

   o  Adding introductory paragraph to Scope (section 2.2).

   o  Wrote out fully the URIs in table section 3.2.

   o  Reworded security text in section 7.2 (New Internet Media Type) to
      make it consistent with section 3.6 (Configuring Group
      Membership).

   o  Fixed formatting of hyperlinks in sections 6.3 and 7.2.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Tuesday, July 09, 2013 15:19
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [core] I-D Action: draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-10.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Constrained RESTful Environments Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Group Communication for CoAP
        Author(s)       : Akbar Rahman
                          Esko Dijk
        Filename        : draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-10.txt
        Pages           : 38
        Date            : 2013-07-09

Abstract:
   CoAP is a RESTful transfer protocol for constrained devices and
   constrained networks.  It is anticipated that constrained devices
   will often naturally operate in groups (e.g., in a building
   automation scenario all lights in a given room may need to be
   switched on/off as a group).  This document provides guidance for how
   the CoAP protocol should be used in a group communication context.
   An approach for using CoAP on top of IP multicast is detailed.  Also,
   various use cases and corresponding protocol flows are provided to
   illustrate important concepts.  Finally, guidance is provided for
   deployment in various network topologies.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-groupcomm

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-10

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-10

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
core mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/core

________________________________
The information contained in this message may be confidential and legally protected under applicable law. The message is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, forwarding, dissemination, or reproduction of this message is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by return e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.