Subject: [core] Conditional Observation

From: Girum Ketema <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 15:13:30 +0200

Dear All,

Conditional Observation is an extension to CoAP Observe and is described 
in [ID: draft-li-conditional-observe-04]. According to this Internet 
draft, clients may specify notification criteria when they make an 
observation request. As a result, the server only sends state changes 
that are of interest to the client, avoiding unnecessary packet 
transmissions. Details of conditional observation, its implementation, 
experimental results, and mathematical analysis are discussed in the 
journal paper "Facilitating the creation of IoT applications through 
conditional observations in CoAP" 
(http://jwcn.eurasipjournals.com/content/2013/1/177).

The implementation code, which is the extension of Erbium - the CoAP 
implementation of Contiki, can be downloaded from github ( 
https://github.com/girumk/contiki/tree/condobs).

With Best Regards,

Girum

=======================================================
Girum Ketema Teklemariam
Researcher

Department of Information Technology
Internet Based Communication Networks and Services  (IBCN)
Ghent University - iMinds
Gaston Crommenlaan 8 (Box 201)
B-9050 Ghent, Belgium

T: +32 9 33 14946
T: +32 9 33 14900 (Secr.)
F: +32 9 33 14899
E: [email-masked]
W:http://www.ibcn.intec.UGent.be  ;http://www.iMinds.be
=======================================================