Subject: [core] Status Summary of AA lunch meeting

From: Stefanie Gerdes <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2013 20:36:08 +0200

Dear all,

We had an ad-hoc meeting during lunchtime on Wednesday with 7 people
from both, academia and industry. The participants represented the
author groups of most of the drafts addressing AA for coap that have
been submitted before IETF-87. During this meeting, the group has
produced a common understanding of the goals addressed with this
activity, namely the following:

  * authentication and authorization
  * support class-1 and class-2 devices
  * support multiple crypto schemes (PK, PSK)

The group will immediately start to collect use-cases and document the
resulting requirements for AA which will be collected in an overview
document.

These goals are pursued within the context of the core WG and
discussion is of course open to anybody who is interested in this
topic. Moreover, any input from the community is appreciated.

Best regards,
Steffi