Subject: Re: [core] #342: Specify notation of IPv6 address in group membership configuration interface

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2013 09:39:16 -0000

#342: Specify notation of IPv6 address in group membership configuration
interface

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 New proposal: to better comply to the RFC 3986 URI syntax, which is used
 by core-coap, the notation with square brackets is mandatory for IPv6.
 This allows re-use of the parsing code for CoAP URIs for this purpose.

 group-address = IPv4address [ “:” port ]
             / “[“ IPv6address “]” [“:” port ]

 Done in [1508]

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-core-
  [email-masked]  |  [email-masked]
     Type:  protocol     |      Status:  closed
  defect                 |   Milestone:
 Priority:  major        |     Version:
Component:  groupcomm    |  Resolution:  fixed
 Severity:  -            |
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/342#comment:3>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>