Subject: [core] #350: Unacknowledged confirmable notifications

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 18:27:36 -0000

#350: Unacknowledged confirmable notifications

 Peter A. Bigot notes:

 Several places in observe-11 state that a client's failure to acknowledge
 a confirmable notification will cause the client to be removed from the
 list of observers, but the timeliness of that result is not clear: "after
 several transmission attempts" (section 1.2) "eventually remove" (section
 3.5).

 Only the steps in section 4.5, which are conditional on the resource
 changing while a notification is outstanding, specify that the client
 should be dropped if a confirmable message remains unacknowledged after
 its last retransmission ("last attempt to deliver a notification").

 -> In section 4.5, make clear that the entry in the list of observers is
 removed if the client failed to acknowledge a confirmable notification
 before the last transmission attempt timed out, irrespective of whether
 the resource changes during the transmission process or not.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-core-
  [email-masked]         |  [email-masked]
     Type:  editorial    |     Status:  new
 Priority:  minor        |  Milestone:  post-WGLC-2
Component:  observe      |    Version:  observe-11
 Severity:  In WG Last   |   Keywords:
  Call                   |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/350>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>

---

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 04:07:46 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 Done in observe-12.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-core-
  [email-masked]         |  [email-masked]
     Type:  editorial    |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  minor        |   Milestone:  post-WGLC-2
Component:  observe      |     Version:  observe-11
 Severity:  In WG Last   |  Resolution:  fixed
  Call                   |
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/350#comment:1>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>