Subject: [core] I-D Action: draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-16.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2013 06:51:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Constrained RESTful Environments Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Group Communication for CoAP
	Author(s)       : Akbar Rahman
                          Esko Dijk
	Filename        : draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-16.txt
	Pages           : 41
	Date            : 2013-10-02

Abstract:
   CoAP is a specialized web transfer protocol for constrained devices
   and constrained networks.  It is anticipated that constrained devices
   will often naturally operate in groups (e.g., in a building
   automation scenario all lights in a given room may need to be
   switched on/off as a group).  This document provides guidance for how
   the CoAP protocol should be used in a group communication context.
   An approach for using CoAP on top of IP multicast is detailed.  Also,
   various use cases and corresponding protocol flows are provided to
   illustrate important concepts.  Finally, guidance is provided for
   deployment in various network topologies.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-groupcomm

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-16

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-16

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Rahman, Akbar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2013 09:57:19 -0400

Hi Carsten,

Esko and I have taken another pass through the Groupcomm I-D and have
made the updates summarized below.  Please review at your convenience
and tell us if you have any other comments.

Best Regards,

Akbar & Esko

=============================================================

   Changes from ietf-15 to ietf-16:

   o  In section 2.6.2, changed DELETE in group management interface to
      a PUT with empty JSON array to clear the list (#345).

   o  In section 2.6.2, aligned the syntax for IP addresses to follow
      RFC 3986 URI syntax, which is also used by coap-18.  This allows
      re-use of the parsing code for CoAP URIs for this purpose (#342).

   o  Addressed some more editorial comments provided by Carsten Bormann
      in preparation for WGLC.

   o  Various editorial updates for improved readability.

================================================================

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Wednesday, October 02, 2013 9:51 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [core] I-D Action: draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-16.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Constrained RESTful Environments
Working Group of the IETF.

Abstract:

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of
submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at
tools.ietf.org.

_______________________________________________
core mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/core