Subject: [core] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-seitz-core-security-modes-00.txt

From: Ludwig Seitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 16:18:58 +0200

Dear all,

please find the the notification of our draft submission below. It 
introduces two new security modes for CoAP over DTLS with the goal to 
reduce the need for provisioning keys to the constrained devices.

Regards,

Ludwig Seitz

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-seitz-core-security-modes-00.txt
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 07:11:49 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: Ludwig Seitz <[email-masked]>, Goeran Selander 
<[email-masked]>, Goran Selander <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-seitz-core-security-modes-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Ludwig Seitz and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-seitz-core-security-modes
Revision:	 00
Title:		 Additional Security Modes for CoAP
Creation date:	 2013-10-21
Group:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 14
URL: 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-seitz-core-security-modes-00.txt
Status: 
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-seitz-core-security-modes
Htmlized: 
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-seitz-core-security-modes-00

Abstract:
    The CoAP draft defines how to use DTLS as security mechanism.  In
    order to establish which nodes are trusted to initiate a DTLS session
    with a device, the following security modes are defined: NoSec,
    PreSharedKey, RawPublicKey, and Certificate.  These modes require
    either to provision a list of keys of trusted clients, or to handle
    heavyweight certificates.  This memo proposes two intermediate
    security modes involving a trusted third party that are very similar
    to PreSharedKey and RawPublicKey respectively, but which do not
    require out-of-band provisioning of client keys to the device.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

-- 
Ludwig Seitz, PhD
SICS Swedish ICT AB
Ideon Science Park
Building Beta 2
Scheelevägen 17
SE-223 70 Lund

Phone +46(0)70-349 92 51
http://www.sics.se