Subject: [core] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-selander-core-access-control-01.txt

From: Ludwig Seitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 16:21:48 +0200

Dear all,

please find the notification of our updated access control draft 
submission below. We have shortened it significantly and started to 
align it with draft-gerdes-core-dcaf-authorize (work in progress).

We are looking forward to any comments.

Regards,

Ludwig Seitz

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for 
draft-selander-core-access-control-01.txt
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 07:14:21 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: Ludwig Seitz <[email-masked]>, Goeran Selander 
<[email-masked]>, Mohit Sethi <[email-masked]>, 
Goran Selander <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-selander-core-access-control-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Goeran Selander and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-selander-core-access-control
Revision:	 01
Title:		 Access Control Framework for Constrained Environments
Creation date:	 2013-10-21
Group:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 20
URL: 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-selander-core-access-control-01.txt
Status: 
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-selander-core-access-control
Htmlized: 
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-selander-core-access-control-01
Diff: 
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-selander-core-access-control-01

Abstract:
    The Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP) is a light-weight web
    transfer protocol designed to be used in constrained nodes and
    constrained networks.  Communication security support for CoAP,
    including authentication, encryption, integrity protection, is
    specified by means of a DTLS binding for CoAP, but authorization and
    access control are not described in detail.

    This document describes a generic and dynamic access control
    framework suitable for constrained environments e.g. using CoAP.  The
    framework builds on standards and well known paradigms for access
    control, externalizing authorization decision making to unconstrained
    nodes while performing authorization decision enforcement and
    verification of local conditions in constrained devices.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat