Subject: [core] #347: Add use case(s) for http-coap mapping

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2013 06:21:43 -0000

#347: Add use case(s) for http-coap mapping

 The authors propose to add one or more small use case descriptions, to
 illustrate the use of HTTP-CoAP mapping.

 Possible use cases are:

 1. Smartphone at home makes coap:// request to a sensor via WiFi. When
 away from home, the same request is done by https:// request over an
 external network to the home router which contains a HTTP-CoAP proxy.

 2. Building control system that can make HTTP requests (but not CoAP
 requests) checks the status of sensors/actuators via a HTTP-CoAP proxy.

 3. A HTTP-CoAP proxy is configured to expose the contents of a sensor to
 the world, for demonstration purposes. It converts http:// and https://
 GET requests to secure coaps:// requests to the sensor. Note: the sensor
 can only process secured requests, not coap:// requests.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-core-http-
  [email-masked]  |  [email-masked]
     Type:  task         |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major        |  Milestone:
Component:  http-        |    Version:
  mapping                |   Keywords:
 Severity:  -            |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/347>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>

---

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2013 12:13:31 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 Done in [1513].

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-core-http-
  [email-masked]  |  [email-masked]
     Type:  task         |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  major        |   Milestone:
Component:  http-        |     Version:
  mapping                |  Resolution:  fixed
 Severity:  -            |
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/347#comment:1>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>