Subject: [core] #353: Simplify Reset Handling text

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 20:30:48 -0000

#353: Simplify Reset Handling text

 The current text in Section 4.5 says:

   If a client rejects a confirmable notification with a
   Reset message, the client is no longer interested and the server MUST
   remove the associated entry from the list of observers.  If the
   client rejects a non-confirmable notification, the server MAY remove
   the entry from the list of observers as well.  (It is expected that
   the server does remove the entry if it has the information available
   that is needed to match the Reset message to the non-confirmable
   notification, but the server is not required to keep this
   information.)

 The text can be simplified a bit by turning the "MAY" into a "MUST" (which
 allows to remove the distinction between confirmable and non-confirmable,
 and to remove the text in parentheses). An implementation note should then
 be added as follows:

 - Implementing this means that a server needs to remember the message IDs
 of non-confirmable messages.
 - However, a constrained server could always pretend that a Reset message
 in reply to a non-confirmable notification was lost.
 - If a server does this, the server should set itself to send all
 following notifications to that client in confirmable messages.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-core-
  [email-masked]         |  [email-masked]
     Type:  editorial    |     Status:  new
 Priority:  minor        |  Milestone:  post-WGLC-2
Component:  observe      |    Version:  observe-11
 Severity:  In WG Last   |   Keywords:
  Call                   |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/353>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>

---

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 03:56:51 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 Done in observe-12.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-core-
  [email-masked]         |  [email-masked]
     Type:  editorial    |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  minor        |   Milestone:  post-WGLC-2
Component:  observe      |     Version:  observe-11
 Severity:  In WG Last   |  Resolution:  fixed
  Call                   |
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/353#comment:1>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>