Subject: [core] #346: Select solution for default HTTP-CoAP URI mapping

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2013 12:08:05 -0000

#346: Select solution for default HTTP-CoAP URI mapping

 Current http-mapping-01 presents 5 different options. Based on WG
 discussion during the IETF 87 meeting; one preferred solution has to be
 presented. Selection expected around October 10th 2013.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-core-http-
  [email-masked]  |  [email-masked]
     Type:  editorial    |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major        |  Milestone:
Component:  http-        |    Version:
  mapping                |   Keywords:
 Severity:  -            |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/346>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>

---

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2013 10:42:34 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * type:  editorial => task
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 Done in [1512], following the proposed format posted 2013-10-09 on the
 CoRE WG list.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-core-http-
  [email-masked]  |  [email-masked]
     Type:  task         |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  major        |   Milestone:
Component:  http-        |     Version:
  mapping                |  Resolution:  fixed
 Severity:  -            |
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/346#comment:1>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>

---

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 08:32:43 -0000

* status:  closed => reopened
 * resolution:  fixed =>

Comment:

 After some discussion among the authors, a slight modification to the
 solution is proposed where it becomes possible to -in many cases- simply
 append the CoAP URI to a base HTTP URI part. Example; HC proxy origin and
 proxy base resource is:
   http://proxy.example.com/.well-known/core/

 CoAP URI to access is:
   coap://coapserv.example.com/foo/bar?a=3

 Full URI to request proxy to perform that coap request is obtained by just
 appending the 2nd to the 1st URI:
   http://proxy.example.com/.well-
 known/core/coap://coapserv.example.com/foo/bar?a=3

 only if IP-literals are used, the '[' and ']' in the CoAP URI authority
 need to be percent-encoded before appending.

     Type:  task         |      Status:  reopened
  mapping                |  Resolution:

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/346#comment:2>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>

---

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 09:22:14 -0000

* status:  reopened => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 Done in [1515], to be incorporated in http-mapping-02 to solicit WG
 feedback on the new proposal.

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/346#comment:3>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>