Subject: [core] mini-WGLC for draft-ietf-core-observe-12 -- Section 4.6 (editorial)

From: "FOSSATI, Thomas (Thomas)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 10:18:20 +0000

Thanks Klaus, I like the proposed changes.

A couple of small edits for (possibly) improving the readability of
section 4.6.:

-=-=-=-
In addition to the "garbage collection" approach to the removal of entries
from the list of observers of a resource (see Section 4.5), clients can
request the cancellation of an observation by sending an explicit
Cancellation message, i.e. a confirmable or non-confirmable CoAP message
to the server with the Code field set to 7.31 and the Token field set to
the token of the notifications to be cancelled.	
 		
After receiving the Cancellation message, the server MUST NOT send any
response or further notification in reply to the (now cancelled) request,
and MUST remove any associated entry from the list of observers.	

If the Cancellation uses a confirmable message, and the server does not
recognize the token, it MUST NOT acknowledge the message and SHOULD reject
it with a Reset message.
		
In the case of a non-confirmable message, rejecting the Cancellation
message with a Reset message is OPTIONAL.
-=-=-=-

Cheers

---

From: Klaus Hartke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 16:27:08 +0100

Hi Thomas,

thank you for your suggestions. I have incorporated them into the
draft with some small modifications:
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/changeset/1618

Best regards,
Klaus