Subject: [core] .well-known/core examples

From: "Agrawal, Sachin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 06:52:25 +0000

Hi All,

I am trying to understand the examples mentioned in RFC 6690 (Section 5).

1)

REQ: GET /.well-known/core

RES: 2.05 Content

</sensors/temp>;if="sensor",

</sensors/light>;if="sensor"

When the client will get this response, since ip_address/hostname and port
number is missing from the URI reference, should client assume that the host
is the machine sending the response back and port number is the default coap
port i.e. 5683?

What happens if the client receives this response through a Proxy?

2)

Also, another client may send this response to above query too:

REQ: GET /.well-known/core

RES: 2.05 Content

<coap://192.168.1.25:9900/sensors/temp>;if="sensor",

<coap://192.168.1.25:9901/sensors/light>;if="sensor"

In above scenario, client will retrieve the hostname and port number from
the URI reference provided in the payload of Link Format. Please confirm?

Thanks

Sachin