Subject: [core] Last Call: <draft-ietf-core-observe-14.txt> (Observing Resources in CoAP) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 07:02:50 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Constrained RESTful Environments
WG (core) to consider the following document:
- 'Observing Resources in CoAP'
  <draft-ietf-core-observe-14.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-08-08. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   CoAP is a RESTful application protocol for constrained nodes and
   networks.  The state of a resource on a CoAP server can change over
   time.  This document specifies a simple protocol extension for CoAP
   that enables CoAP clients to "observe" resources, i.e., to retrieve
   a representation of a resource and keep this representation updated
   by the server over a period of time.  The protocol follows a best-
   effort approach for sending new representations to clients and
   provides eventual consistency between the state observed by each
   client and the actual resource state at the server.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-observe/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-observe/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.