Subject: [core] I-D Action: draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-20.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2014 21:21:43 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Constrained RESTful Environments Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Group Communication for CoAP
        Authors         : Akbar Rahman
                          Esko Dijk
	Filename        : draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-20.txt
	Pages           : 50
	Date            : 2014-07-20

Abstract:
   CoAP is a specialized web transfer protocol for constrained devices
   and constrained networks.  It is anticipated that constrained devices
   will often naturally operate in groups (e.g., in a building
   automation scenario all lights in a given room may need to be
   switched on/off as a group).  This document provides guidance for how
   the CoAP protocol should be used in a group communication context.
   An approach for using CoAP on top of IP multicast is detailed.  Also,
   various use cases and corresponding protocol flows are provided to
   illustrate important concepts.  Finally, guidance is provided for
   deployment in various network topologies.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-groupcomm/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-20

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-20

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Rahman, Akbar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 00:25:35 -0400

Hi All,

We submitted a new version of the groupcomm draft to correct/clarify
some of the references as per the off-line review of Carsten.
Specifically:

============================
   Changes from ietf-19 to ietf-20:

   o  Replaced obsolete reference [RFC 2616] by [RFC 7230].

   o  Replaced outdated reference draft-ietf-appsawg-uri-get-off-my-lawn
      by [RFC 7320] and moved to Normative reference.

   o  Replaced outdated reference draft-ietf-core-coap by [RFC 7252].

   o  Moved [RFC 1033] to Informative reference.

   o  Updated to latest revision numbers for informative draft
      references by regenerating file through xml2rfc tool.

   o  Re-ran IETF spell check tool and corrected some minor spelling
      errors.

   o  Various minor editorial updates.

============================

Best Regards,

Akbar & Esko

-----Original Message-----
From: core [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Monday, July 21, 2014 12:22 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [core] I-D Action: draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-20.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Constrained RESTful Environments
Working Group of the IETF.

Abstract:

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of
submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at
tools.ietf.org.

_______________________________________________
core mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/core