Subject: [core] New Version Notification - draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-22.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2014 16:33:05 -0700

A new version (-22) has been submitted for draft-ietf-core-groupcomm:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-22.txt

Sub state has been changed to AD Followup from Revised ID Needed

The IETF datatracker page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-groupcomm/

Diff from previous version:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-22

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

IETF Secretariat.

---

From: "Rahman, Akbar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2014 19:47:21 -0400

Hi Barry/Martin/Kathleen/Brian,

We have produced a new version of groupcomm that tries to address all
the IESG DISCUSS comments as well as the major comments from the GEN-ART
review. 

 The changes are detailed in the Change log of the draft and are
summarized here for your convenience:

- Brian's comments: Please see points 1-6 (of the change log)
- Kathleen's comments: Please see point 7 (of the change log)
- Martin's comments: Please see points 8-9 (of the change log)

------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------
Groupcomm Change log

   Changes from ietf-21 to ietf-22:

   o  Updated with comments from IESG review as follows:

      1.   Changed Status from Informational to Experimental.

      2.   Addressed Brian Haberman's DISCUSS (to put in reference to
           ASM) in section 1.2 as called out in "http://www.ietf.org/
           mail-archive/web/core/current/msg05547.html".

      3.   Addressed Brian Haberman's DISCUSS (to put in reference to
           multicast forwarding proxies) in section 2.1 as called out in
           "http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/core/current/
           msg05547.html".

      4.   Addressed Brian Haberman's DISCUSS (to put in reference to
           getting port numbers from URIs) in section 2.3 as called out
           in "http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/core/current/
           msg05563.html".

      5.   Addressed Brian Haberman's DISCUSS (to put in reference to
           IGMP/MLD API) in section 2.7.2.1, 2.7.2.2, 2.7.2.6 and
           2.7.2.7 as called out in "http://www.ietf.org/mail-
           archive/web/core/current/msg05547.html".

      6.   Addressed Brian Haberman's COMMENT (to put in reference to
           reliable multicast RFC) in section 1.3 as called out in
           "http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/core/current/
           msg05545.html".

      7.   Addressed Kathleen Moriarty's DISCUSS (to broaden to cover
           general monitoring) in section 5.4 as called out in
           "http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/core/current/
           msg05566.html".

      8.   Addressed Martin Stiemerling's DISCUSS (to clearly indicate
           that the draft introduces new CoAP protocol functionality) in
           the Abstract and section 1.2 as called out in
           "http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/core/current/
           msg05542.html".

      9.   Addressed Martin Stiemerling's DISCUSS (to clarify selected
           requirements language) in section 2.7.2 as called out in
           "http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/core/current/
           msg05542.html".  (Note that the other sections are not
           impacted as they truly are new requirements and not
           repetition of the CoAP RFC 7252)

      10.  Addressed Spencer Dawkins' COMMENT as called out in
           "http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/core/current/
           msg05557.html".

      11.  Addressed Alissa Cooper's COMMENT as called out in
           "http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/core/current/
           msg05567.html".

      12.  Addressed selected Stephen Farrell's COMMENTs as called out
           in "http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/core/current/
           msg05576.html".

      13.  Addressed selected Pete Resnick's COMMENTs as called out in
           "http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/core/current/
           msg05568.html".

      14.  Addressed selected Adrian Farrel's COMMENTs as called out in
           "http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/core/current/
           msg05565.html".

      15.  Addressed selected Jari Arkko's COMMENTs as called out in
           "http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/core/current/
           msg05572.html".

   o  Updated with comments from GEN-ART review as follows:

      1.  Addressed major issue #1 from Ben Campbell's GEN-ART review
          (about introducing new functionality beyond CoAP RFC 7252) by
          changing the status of document to Experimental, and updating
          Abstract and section 2.1 as called out in
          "http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/core/current/
          msg05551.html".

      2.  Addressed major issue #2 from Ben Campbell's GEN-ART review
          (about giving a stronger recommendation not to use CoAP group
          communication in many scenarios until stronger security
          solutions are available) in section 5.1 and section 5.4 as
          called out in "http://www.ietf.org/mail-
          archive/web/core/current/msg05551.html".

      3.  Addressed selected minor issues and nits from Ben Campbell's
          GEN-ART review comments from "http://www.ietf.org/mail-
          archive/web/core/current/msg05535.html".

   o  Various minor editorial updates.

-----Original Message-----
From: core [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Sunday, August 24, 2014 7:33 PM
To: [email-masked];
[email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [core] New Version Notification -
draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-22.txt

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of
submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at
tools.ietf.org.

IETF Secretariat.

_______________________________________________
core mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/core