Subject: [core] RFC 7390 on Group Communication for the Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 17:15:41 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7390

        Title:      Group Communication for the Constrained 
                    Application Protocol (CoAP) 
        Author:     A. Rahman, Ed.,
                    E. Dijk, Ed.
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      46
        Characters: 106675
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-25.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7390.txt

The Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP) is a specialized web
transfer protocol for constrained devices and constrained networks.
It is anticipated that constrained devices will often naturally
operate in groups (e.g., in a building automation scenario, all
lights in a given room may need to be switched on/off as a group).
This specification defines how CoAP should be used in a group
communication context.  An approach for using CoAP on top of IP
multicast is detailed based on existing CoAP functionality as well as
new features introduced in this specification.  Also, various use
cases and corresponding protocol flows are provided to illustrate
important concepts.  Finally, guidance is provided for deployment in
various network topologies.

This document is a product of the Constrained RESTful Environments Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC