Subject: Re: [core] #366 (http-mapping): Mapping of Link Format payloads to be valid in HTTP domain

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2014 08:25:01 -0000

#366: Mapping of Link Format payloads to be valid in HTTP domain

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 Some discussion at the CoRE WG meeting at IETF90:
 - The Reverse Proxy (also called Gateway, RFC 7230) definition is that the
 proxy acts as if it is the origin server. That means it could include in
 its /.well-known/core resource all the entries of the origin CoAP servers
 that it proxies. This way the CoAP domain link-format is mapped correctly
 into the HTTP domain.
 - However, payload of CoAP messages may also contains URI links that are
 only valid in the CoAP domain. Translation of these is difficult for the
 proxy in the general case.
 - We may include some recommendation how to handle the above links (or
 links within links) case.
 - This problem is not CoAP specific, also HTTP cross-domain proxy has
 these issues

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-core-http-
  [email-masked]  |  [email-masked]
     Type:  protocol     |      Status:  new
  enhancement            |   Milestone:
 Priority:  major        |     Version:
Component:  http-        |  Resolution:
  mapping                |
 Severity:  -            |
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/366#comment:2>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>

---

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 13:41:03 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 Now addressed in the version -05. Inclusion of all /.well-known/core
 resources of all CoAP devices proxied for, is not incorporated due to some
 issues we see with this.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-core-http-
  [email-masked]  |  [email-masked]
     Type:  protocol     |      Status:  closed
  enhancement            |   Milestone:
 Priority:  major        |     Version:
Component:  http-        |  Resolution:  fixed
  mapping                |
 Severity:  -            |
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/366#comment:3>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>