Subject: [core] #378 (http-mapping): Include ref to automatic media type mapping update mechanism

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2015 12:50:18 -0000

#378: Include ref to automatic media type mapping update mechanism

 For HTTP media type to CoAP content format mapping and vice versa: to
 include a reference to <new I-D> which describes an approach for automatic
 updating of the media type mapping.

 For example, if there is a running process at IANA to auto-assign CoAP
 content format numbers to all HTTP media type registry entries, an API
 could be created to retrieve this list or query media types / content
 formats. Then a proxy upon encountering a (new) unknown HTTP content
 format for example could just query via a web API to find the matching
 CoAP content format.

 See message http://www.ietf.org/mail-
 archive/web/core/current/msg05798.html

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-core-http-
  [email-masked]  |  [email-masked]
     Type:  protocol     |     Status:  new
  enhancement            |  Milestone:
 Priority:  minor        |    Version:
Component:  http-        |   Keywords:
  mapping                |
 Severity:  -            |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/378>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>