Subject: [core] #376 (http-mapping): CoAP 4.05 response can't be translated to HTTP 405 by HC proxy

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2015 12:28:57 -0000

#376: CoAP 4.05 response can't be translated to HTTP 405 by HC proxy

 Table 1 states that a CoAP 4.05 (Method Not Allowed) SHOULD be mapped to
 HTTP 400 (Bad Request) because the preferred response HTTP 405 (Method Not
 Allowed) cannot be generated by the proxy, with the proper 'Allow' header.
 The 'Allow' header is mandatory in a 405 response, see Section 7.4.1 of
 RFC7231. To comply to RFC7231 the proxy can't send a HTTP 405 response.

 Discussion: is 400 the right solution? Or should 405 be used? (which would
 require us to update RFC7231 on this aspect.)

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-core-http-
  [email-masked]  |  [email-masked]
     Type:  protocol     |     Status:  new
  defect                 |  Milestone:
 Priority:  major        |    Version:
Component:  http-        |   Keywords:
  mapping                |
 Severity:  -            |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/376>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>