Subject: [core] #377 (http-mapping): Define an open ended HTTP media type "application/x-coap-<n>" ?

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2015 12:37:24 -0000

#377: Define an open ended HTTP media type "application/x-coap-<n>" ?

 Brief summary of the topic: we want to allow media type and content
 formats to evolve freely at the two ends of the translation chain, without
 the HTTP-CoAP proxy becoming the point where media type information is
 lost in translation.

 Proposal: define an open ended HTTP media type "application/x-coap-<n>" -
 where n is the decimal representation of the corresponding CoAP content
 format - to handle the mapping of CoAP content formats that are unknown to
 the proxy, instead of falling back to the completely opaque
 "application/octet-stream".

 See CoRE WG list: http://www.ietf.org/mail-
 archive/web/core/current/msg05798.html

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-core-http-
  [email-masked]  |  [email-masked]
     Type:  protocol     |     Status:  new
  enhancement            |  Milestone:
 Priority:  major        |    Version:
Component:  http-        |   Keywords:
  mapping                |
 Severity:  -            |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/377>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>