Subject: [core] pub sub in coap

From: Maël Auzias <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2015 15:58:51 +0200

Hi you all,

I'm going through the ID of CoAP PubSub
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-koster-core-coap-pubsub-01> and I would
like to know what are your thoughts about permitting the PATCH method
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-vanderstok-core-patch-00> for the
PUBLISH operation, where "the client MUST use the PUT method"?

Indeed, if the resource is big (or at least bigger than the average "set of
changes") the PATCH method usage could benefit the system (bandwidth,
message processing).

Have a nice day.

​
Best regards,
---
​​
Auzias Maël - auzias.net <http://www.auzias.net/>
​PhD candidate
<http://auzias.net/?p=phd>
​- ​
IRISA
​
Member of the Scientific Council
<http://auzias.net/Generation14/index-en.html>
GSM : *0033 695 118 774*