Subject: [core] Fw: New Version Notification for draft-tcs-coap-no-response-option-14.txt

From: Abhijan Bhattacharyya <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 17:49:19 +0530

Dear list,
A new version of the No-Response option draft has been submitted. Please 
note, this draft is now in the RFC editor's queue through independent 
submission channel. The present version of the draft addresses technical 
review comments received via the RFC editor's desk. The intended status 
has been changed to "Informational".
Thanks to Esko for the review.

Regards
Abhijan Bhattacharyya
Associate Consultant
Scientist, Innovation Lab, Kolkata, India
Tata Consultancy Services
Mailto: [email-masked]
Website: http://www.tcs.com
____________________________________________
Experience certainty.   IT Services
                        Business Solutions
                        Consulting
____________________________________________

----- Forwarded by Abhijan Bhattacharyya/KOL/TCS on 02/17/2016 05:42 PM 
-----

From:   [email-masked]
To:     "Soma Bandyopadhyay" <[email-masked]>, "Abhijan 
Bhattacharyya" <[email-masked]>, "Arpan Pal" 
<[email-masked]>, "Tulika Bose" <[email-masked]>
Date:   02/17/2016 05:34 PM
Subject:        New Version Notification for 
draft-tcs-coap-no-response-option-14.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-tcs-coap-no-response-option-14.txt
has been successfully submitted by Abhijan Bhattacharyya and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:                            draft-tcs-coap-no-response-option
Revision:                14
Title:                           CoAP option for no server-response
Document date:           2016-02-17
Group:                           Individual Submission
Pages:                           17
URL:            
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tcs-coap-no-response-option-14.txt

Status:         
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-tcs-coap-no-response-option/
Htmlized:       
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tcs-coap-no-response-option-14
Diff:           
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-tcs-coap-no-response-option-14

Abstract:
   There can be M2M scenarios where responses from a server against
   requests from client are redundant. This kind of open-loop exchange
   (with no response path from the server to the client) may be desired
   to minimize resource consumption in constrained systems while
   updating a bulk of resources simultaneously, or updating a resource
   with a very high frequency. CoAP already provides a non-confirmable
   (NON) mode of message exchange where the server end-point does not
   respond with ACK. However, obeying the request/response semantics,
   the server end-point responds back with a status code indicating
   "the result of the attempt to understand and satisfy the request".

   This document introduces a header option for CoAP called 'No-
   Response'. Using this option the client can explicitly tell the
   server to suppress all responses against the particular request.
   This option also provides granular control to enable suppression of
   a particular class of response or a combination of response-classes.
   This option may be effective for both unicast and multicast
   requests. This document also discusses a few exemplary applications
   which benefit from this option.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of 
submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

=====-----=====-----=====
Notice: The information contained in this e-mail
message and/or attachments to it may contain 
confidential or privileged information. If you are 
not the intended recipient, any dissemination, use, 
review, distribution, printing or copying of the 
information contained in this e-mail message 
and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited. If 
you have received this communication in error, 
please notify us by reply e-mail or telephone and 
immediately and permanently delete the message 
and any attachments. Thank you