Subject: [core] I-D Action: draft-ietf-core-http-mapping-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 May 2016 06:40:33 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Constrained RESTful Environments of the IETF.

        Title           : Guidelines for HTTP-to-CoAP Mapping Implementations
        Authors         : Angelo P. Castellani
                          Salvatore Loreto
                          Akbar Rahman
                          Thomas Fossati
                          Esko Dijk
	Filename        : draft-ietf-core-http-mapping-10.txt
	Pages           : 36
	Date            : 2016-05-13

Abstract:
   This document provides reference information for implementing a
   cross-protocol network proxy that performs translation from the HTTP
   protocol to the CoAP protocol.  This will enable a HTTP client to
   access resources on a CoAP server through the proxy.  This document
   describes how a HTTP request is mapped to a CoAP request, and then
   how a CoAP response is mapped back to a HTTP response.  This includes
   guidelines for URI mapping, media type mapping and additional proxy
   implementation issues.  This document covers the Reverse, Forward and
   Interception cross-protocol proxy cases.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-http-mapping/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-core-http-mapping-10

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-core-http-mapping-10

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Rahman, Akbar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2016 13:51:20 +0000

Hi Carsten/Jaime,

We have updated the draft to cover the following:

  Changes from ietf-09 to ietf-10:

  o  Addressed Ticket #401 - Clarified that draft covers not only
     Reverse HC Proxy but that many parts also apply to Forward and
     Interception Proxies.

  o  Clarified that draft concentrates on the HTTP-to-CoAP mapping
     direction (i.e. the HC proxy is a HTTP server and a CoAP client).

  o  Clarified the "null mapping" case where no CoAP URI information is
     embedded in the HTTP request URI.

  o  Moved multicast related security text to the "Security
     Considerations" to consolidate all security information in one
     location.

  o  Removed references to "placement" of proxy (e.g. server-side vs
     client-side) as is confusing and provides little added value.

  o  Fixed version numbers on references that were corrupted in last
     revision due to outdated xml2rfc conversion tool local cache.

  o  Various editorial improvements.

Can you please review, and start the 2nd WGLC if you think that everything looks in order.

Best Regards,

Akbar

-----Original Message-----
From: core [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Friday, May 13, 2016 9:41 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [core] I-D Action: draft-ietf-core-http-mapping-10.txt

Abstract:

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

_______________________________________________
core mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/core

---

From: "Rahman, Akbar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 13:55:56 +0000

Hi Carsten/Jamie,

Just resending this email as I believe the first time it did not get correctly to Carsten due to some problem with my mail server.  I've been told by me IST department that the problem has now been fixed so I am resending this request to re-start the WGLC.

Thanks,

Akbar

-----Original Message-----
From: core [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Rahman, Akbar
Sent: Friday, May 13, 2016 9:51 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [core] I-D Action: draft-ietf-core-http-mapping-10.txt

Hi Carsten/Jaime,

Best Regards,

Akbar

-----Original Message-----
From: core [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Friday, May 13, 2016 9:41 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [core] I-D Action: draft-ietf-core-http-mapping-10.txt

Abstract:

---

From: "Fossati, Thomas (Nokia - GB)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2016 04:24:53 +0000

Hi Carsten & Jaime,

A gentle prod to our chairs for restarting WGLC on the HTTP-CoAP mapping
I-D ;-)

Thanks, cheers,
t

On 18/05/2016 14:55, "core on behalf of Rahman, Akbar"
<[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:
>Hi Carsten/Jamie,
>
>
>Just resending this email as I believe the first time it did not get
>correctly to Carsten due to some problem with my mail server.  I've been
>told by me IST department that the problem has now been fixed so I am
>resending this request to re-start the WGLC.
>
>
>Thanks,
>
>
>Akbar
>
>Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of
>submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at
>tools.ietf.org.
>

---

From: Jaime Jiménez <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2016 06:05:00 +0000

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. Carsten and I already met and discussed the HTTP-CoAP mapping draft. We just need a little bit of time this week to go through the changes. We will call the second WGLC shortly. 

Ciao!
- - Jaime Jimenez

> On 24 May 2016, at 07:24, Fossati, Thomas (Nokia - GB) <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hi Carsten & Jaime,
>

---

From: "Fossati, Thomas (Nokia - GB)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2016 09:10:11 +0000

Hi Jaime,

On 24/05/2016 07:05, "Jaime Jiménez" <[email-masked]> wrote:
>Sorry for the delay. Carsten and I already met and discussed the
>HTTP-CoAP mapping draft. We just need a little bit of time this week to
>go through the changes. We will call the second WGLC shortly.

Thanks very much!

Cheers, t