Subject: [core] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-vanderstok-core-cbor-yid-00.txt

From: peter van der Stok <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2016 09:28:51 +0200

Hi all,

The draft below has been submitted to complement the draft on YANG 
Identifiers (YID) with a CBOR encoding of YID.

The draft shows how the encoding of the numeric YANG identifiers can be 
removed from the YANG to CBOR document
and delegated to a content-format specification.
The draft uses delta encoding, specified in YANG to CBOR document 
throughout.

This has 2 advantages in my opinion:
1) It removes a large burden from the YANG to CBOR document, which can 
now concentrate on the essentials which are more permanent.
2) It is possible to accommodate future identifier encoding in separate 
content-format drafts.

Greetings,

peter
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A new version of I-D, draft-vanderstok-core-cbor-yid-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Peter van der Stok and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-vanderstok-core-cbor-yid
Revision:	00
Title:		CBOR format for YIDs
Document date:	2016-08-18
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		18
URL:            
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vanderstok-core-cbor-yid-00.txt
Status:         
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-vanderstok-core-cbor-yid/
Htmlized:       
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-vanderstok-core-cbor-yid-00

Abstract:
    This document describes CoAP content formats to transport CBOR
    encoded YANG objects which use numeric YANG object identifiers.  YANG
    objects are serialized according to the YANG to CBOR encoding.  The
    object identifier is composed of a module number followed by a yang
    name numeric identifier

Note

    Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested, and should
    be sent to [email-masked].

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of 
submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat