Subject: [core] I-D Action: draft-ietf-core-etch-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2016 05:23:26 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Constrained RESTful Environments of the IETF.

        Title           : Patch and Fetch Methods for Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP)
        Authors         : Peter van der Stok
                          Carsten Bormann
                          Anuj Sehgal
	Filename        : draft-ietf-core-etch-03.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2016-10-09

Abstract:
   The methods defined in RFC 7252 for the Constrained Application
   Protocol (CoAP) only allow access to a complete resource, not to
   parts of a resource.  In case of resources with larger or complex
   data, or in situations where a resource continuity is required,
   replacing or requesting the whole resource is undesirable.  Several
   applications using CoAP will need to perform partial resource
   accesses.

   This specification defines the new CoAP methods, FETCH, PATCH and
   iPATCH, which are used to access and update parts of a resource.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-etch/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-core-etch-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-core-etch-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/