Subject: [core] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-tiloca-core-multicast-oscoap-00.txt

From: Marco Tiloca <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2016 10:12:01 +0200

Dear CoRE/ACE,

We have submitted a draft on secure group communication for CoAP addressing
security for the setting of a multicast CoAP request with unicast responses
as described in RFC7390.

This draft builds on the recently updated version of OSCOAP, extended with
mandatory Sender ID and multiple Recipient Contexts. It also enables source
authentication with asymmetric signatures implemented as counter signatures
included with the COSE objects defined by OSCOAP.

We hope that by submitting now we could get some first discussion to allow
updates before the cutoff.

This draft provides the missing link between
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-somaraju-ace-multicast and OSCOAP.

Best regards,
Marco

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 9:27 AM
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-tiloca-core-multicast-oscoap-00.txt
To: Marco Tiloca <[email-masked]>, Goeran Selander <
[email-masked]>, Francesca Palombini <
[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-tiloca-core-multicast-oscoap-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Francesca Palombini and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-tiloca-core-multicast-oscoap
Revision:       00
Title:          Secure group communication for CoAP
Document date:  2016-10-12
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          15
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tiloca-core-
multicast-oscoap-00.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-tiloca-core-
multicast-oscoap/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tiloca-core-multicast-
oscoap-00

Abstract:
   This document describes a method for application layer protection of
   messages exchanged with the Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP)
   in a group communication context.  The proposed approach relies on
   Object Security of CoAP (OSCOAP) and the CBOR Object Signing and
   Encryption (COSE) format.  All security requirements fulfilled by
   OSCOAP are maintained for multicast CoAP request messages and related
   unicast CoAP response messages.  Source authentication of all
   messages exchanged within the group is ensured, by means of digital
   signatures produced through asymmetric private keys of sender devices
   and embedded in the protected CoAP messages.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat