Subject: [core] Request review for application/senml+json and related types

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2016 13:53:56 -0700

I would like to request review for a handful of related mime types specified in 

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-core-senml-03 <https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-core-senml-03>

Thank you, Cullen

---

From: Ira McDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2016 21:43:39 -0400

Hi Cullen,

Usual response - please send the actual registration templates
in plaintext in an email to the Media Types list.  Then the edits
needed (there always are some) are clearly documented on
the mailing list.

Cheers,
- Ira

Ira McDonald (Musician / Software Architect)
Co-Chair - TCG Trusted Mobility Solutions WG
Chair - Linux Foundation Open Printing WG
Secretary - IEEE-ISTO Printer Working Group
Co-Chair - IEEE-ISTO PWG Internet Printing Protocol WG
IETF Designated Expert - IPP & Printer MIB
Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
http://sites.google.com/site/blueroofmusic
http://sites.google.com/site/highnorthinc
mailto: [email-masked]
Jan-April: 579 Park Place  Saline, MI  48176  734-944-0094
May-Dec: PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI 49839  906-494-2434

On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 4:53 PM, Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]> wrote:

> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-core-senml-03
>
> Thank you, Cullen
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> media-types mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/media-types
>
>

---

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2016 11:32:45 -0700

Sure - here it is 

11.3.1.  senml+json Media Type Registration

   Type name: application

   Subtype name: senml+json and sensml+json

   Required parameters: none

   Optional parameters: none

   Encoding considerations: Must be encoded as using a subset of the
   encoding allowed in [RFC7159].  See RFC-AAAA for details.  This
   simplifies implementation of very simple system and does not impose
   any significant limitations as all this data is meant for machine to
   machine communications and is not meant to be human readable.

   Security considerations: Sensor data can contain a wide range of
   information ranging from information that is very public, such the
   outside temperature in a given city, to very private information that
   requires integrity and confidentiality protection, such as patient
   health information.  This format does not provide any security and
   instead relies on the transport protocol that carries it to provide
   security.  Given applications need to look at the overall context of
   how this media type will be used to decide if the security is
   adequate.

   Interoperability considerations: Applications should ignore any JSON
   key value pairs that they do not understand.  This allows backwards
   compatibility extensions to this specification.  The "bver" field can
   be used to ensure the receiver supports a minimal level of
   functionality needed by the creator of the JSON object.

   Published specification: RFC-AAAA

   Applications that use this media type: The type is used by systems
   that report e.g., electrical power usage and environmental
   information such as temperature and humidity.  It can be used for a
   wide range of sensor reporting systems.

   Additional information:

   Magic number(s): none

   File extension(s): senml and sensml

   Macintosh file type code(s): none

   Person & email address to contact for further information: Cullen
   Jennings <[email-masked]>

   Intended usage: COMMON

   Restrictions on usage: None

   Author: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>

   Change controller: IESG

11.3.2.  senml+cbor Media Type Registration

   Type name: application

   Subtype name: senml+cbor and sensml+cbor

   Required parameters: none

   Optional parameters: none

   Encoding considerations: TBD

   Security considerations: See Section 11.3.1

   Interoperability considerations: TBD

   Published specification: RFC-AAAA

   Applications that use this media type: See Section 11.3.1

   Additional information:

   Magic number(s): none

   File extension(s): senmlc and sensmlc

   Macintosh file type code(s): none

   Person & email address to contact for further information: Cullen
   Jennings <[email-masked]>

   Intended usage: COMMON

   Restrictions on usage: None

   Author: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>

   Change controller: IESG

11.3.3.  senml+xml Media Type Registration

   Type name: application

   Subtype name: senml+xml and sensml+xml

   Required parameters: none

   Optional parameters: none

   Encoding considerations: TBD

   Security considerations: See Section 11.3.1

   Interoperability considerations: TBD

   Published specification: RFC-AAAA

   Applications that use this media type: See Section 11.3.1

   Additional information:

   Magic number(s): none

   File extension(s): senmlx and sensmlx

   Macintosh file type code(s): none

   Person & email address to contact for further information: Cullen
   Jennings <[email-masked]>

   Intended usage: COMMON

   Restrictions on usage: None

   Author: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>

   Change controller: IESG

11.3.4.  senml+exi Media Type Registration

   Type name: application

   Subtype name: senml+exi and sensml+exi

   Required parameters: none

   Optional parameters: none

   Encoding considerations: TBD

   Security considerations: TBD

   Interoperability considerations: TBD

   Published specification: RFC-AAAA

   Applications that use this media type: See Section 11.3.1

   Additional information:

   Magic number(s): none

   File extension(s): senmle and sensmle

   Macintosh file type code(s): none

   Person & email address to contact for further information: Cullen
   Jennings <[email-masked]>

   Intended usage: COMMON

   Restrictions on usage: None

   Author: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>

   Change controller: IESG

> On Oct 7, 2016, at 6:43 PM, Ira McDonald <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hi Cullen,
> 
> http://sites.google.com/site/blueroofmusic <http://sites.google.com/site/blueroofmusic>
> http://sites.google.com/site/highnorthinc <http://sites.google.com/site/highnorthinc>
> mailto: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
> On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 4:53 PM, Cullen Jennings <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
> 
> [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/media-types <https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/media-types>
> 
>

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2016 22:18:54 +0100

Hi Cullen,

There are several TBD in your registrations that need to be fixed first.