Subject: [decade] draft-farrell-decade-ni-02 - we think this is done...

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2012 21:09:38 +0100

...well, modulo one or two questions still in the document [1]
and getting your review:-)

This document has been discussed in the decade WG as a way to
standardise how to emded hashes into names, which is something
that'll likely be needed there but is clearly more general. As
if to prove that, at IETF-83 we added a binary form that seems
to better fit what the core WG want for doing the same thing in
CoAP. We've worked on it a good bit in the time since and so
we reckon this is pretty much ready now.

Our plan is to try get comments from the decade, core and
appsarea lists and if we're looking good to then ask Barry
Leiba if he'll AD sponsor this document, so it can be done in
time to not slow down CoAP. (Barry's ok with this plan.)

So, please take a read if you're interested in naming things
with hashes and send your comments.

Since this was first discussed on the decade list, I'll suggest
using that [2] as a good place to send comments. Any of the
above-mentioned lists will work though, since various authors
are on each. Probably better to not cross-post to them all
though. (I've sent separate mails to each for that reason.)

Thanks,
Stephen.

[1] http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-farrell-decade-ni
[2] https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/decade