Subject: Re: [eman] Temperature

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 10:40:07 +0100

On 01/02/2012 07:36, Juergen Schoenwaelder wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 08:07:56PM -0600, Brad Schoening wrote:
>> Bruce,
>>
>> I don't see the clear relevance of 'temperature' to the EMAN requirements.
>>
>> While there is a large list of environmental and system performance metrics, these have not been mentioned in EMAN requirements.  Sensor measurements for temperature, relative humidity, lumens, etc seem more appropriately left to an ENVIRONMENTAL-SENSOR-MIB.
>>
> The ENTITY-SENSOR-MIB does report temperatures.
Since the EMAN MIB tables are based on the entPhysicalIndex from the 
ENTITY-MIB (so requires the instantiation of the Energy Objects based on 
the entPhysicalIndex), and since the ENTITY-SENSOR-MIB is also based on 
the entPhysicalIndex, reporting the temperate should be covered by 
implementing the ENTITY-SENSOR-MIB.

A few words about the link between (EMAN MIB tables -> entPhysicalIndex 
-> temperature in ENTITY-SENSOR-MIB) might be useful in EMAN 
applicability statement document.

Regards, Benoit.

> /js