Subject: [eman] new draft 05 for terminology with open issues

From: "John Parello (jparello)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 11:42:00 -0700

Hi All

See my previous thread for additions. Before posting I also added three
term collected from the list and that were in the WG items. I'm put them
in as place holders since the slots were needed but we have not had time
to get consensus or an informative references so they are listed as open
items:

These are:
""
EDITOR'S NOTE: see the list of open issues for this term

Energy Device
An Energy Device is an Energy Object that may be monolithic or contain
Energy Device Components.

Energy Device Component
An Energy Device is an Energy Object contained in an Energy Device, for
which the containing Energy Device provides individual energy management
functions.

Power Interface

A power interface is an Energy Object that serves as an interconnection
among Energy Objects, and participates in a 
Power Source Relationship. 
"""

For both device and component I tend to concur with previous comments
that we need not define them with the prefix of  "Energy" Perhaps just
list Device and Component from strict sources (see Electrical Equipment
definition already defined which nicely covers this etc) and then just
put a note we mean in the context of Energy.

The term Interface is happily converging as an Energy Object that is
either an inlet or outlet (or both). In researching the use I think
Energy Interface is more accurate than Power interface (see previous
thread.

So I propose for Paris that we settle on 

1) Device - Can we define as Electrical Equipment and drop Energy
2) Component  - Can we define as simply parts of Electrical Equipment
and drop Energy
3) Interface - Should this be Power or Energy Interface ( I recommend
Energy since power nicely maps to the speed of an interface)

Jp