Subject: Re: [eman] Time series of power measurements

From: "Mouli Chandramouli (moulchan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 06:05:22 -0600

Hello all,

Summarizing the discussion on the mailing list  -  so that appropriate
requirements can be formulated  

1.       What are the quantities to be reported ?  

*         The rough consensus seems to be Time Series for Energy
measurements  

2.       Time intervals for the windowing mechanism for measurement of
Energy  

*         3 choices shall be considered -   constant period,  sliding
window, and total accumulated  

Thanks

Mouli

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Mouli Chandramouli (moulchan)
Sent: Friday, February 03, 2012 4:48 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [eman] Time series of power measurements

Hello all, 

This has been one of the long standing open issue that has been
discussed extensively. 

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/eman/current/msg00792.html

At the IETF 82,  WG meeting, there was a lot of discussion on this
topic,  if another requirement for Time Series of Power was required.
Please refer to the minutes of the meeting. 

www.ietf.org/proceedings/82/minutes/eman.txt

On the WG meeting, there was rough consensus was to support time series
of power measurements. The mechanism to enable reporting power (push or
pull) shall need to be defined. The concern of smaller devices may not
have storage to implement is addressed by the statement i.e. the
requirements specified concern the means that the standard shall provide
and not necessarily to be implemented on all devices.  

Currently, we have a requirement 5.5.4. Time Series of Energy values . 

Thus the proposed requirement for Time series of Power would be the
following. 

5.4.11. Time series of power values

The energy management standard must provide means for collecting time
series of power values for an Energy Object. A solution for collecting
the time series for an Energy Object can use the pull or push mechanism
for recovering the information.

Your thoughts/suggestions. 

Thanks

Mouli

---

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2012 23:58:49 +0100

Dear all,

It's appropriate to reuse what has been done by other SDO when possible, 
instead of inventing our own.
See IEC 61850-7-4, section F2. [EMAN-MON] is compliant with this.

         There are three eoEnergyParametersIntervalMode types used for
         energy measurement collection: period, sliding, and total. The
         choices of the the three different modes of collection are based
         on IEC standard 61850-7-4.

I know it's kind of working backward when we put the solution before the 
requirements... but I trust IEC for this time series in case of a PULL 
mechanism.

Regards, Benoit.
> 1.What are the quantities to be reported ?
>
> ·The rough consensus seems to be Time Series for Energy measurements
>
> 2.Time intervals for the windowing mechanism for measurement of Energy
>
> ·3 choices shall be considered -   constant period,  sliding window, 
> and total accumulated
>
> Thanks
>
> Mouli
>
> *From:[email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] *On Behalf 
> Of *Mouli Chandramouli (moulchan)
> *Sent:* Friday, February 03, 2012 4:48 PM
> *To:* [email-masked]
> *Subject:* [eman] Time series of power measurements
>
> Hello all,
>
> <http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/82/minutes/eman.txt>
>
> On the WG meeting, there was rough consensus was to support time 
> series of power measurements. The mechanism to enable reporting power 
> (push or pull) shall need to be defined. The concern of smaller 
> devices may not have storage to implement is addressed by the 
> statement i.e. the requirements specified concern the means that the 
> standard shall provide and not necessarily to be implemented on all 
> devices.
>
> the time series for an Energy Object can use the pull or push 
> mechanism for recovering the information.
>
> _______________________________________________
> eman mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/eman