Subject: Re: [eman] power terms

From: "John Parello (jparello)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 12:52:52 -0800

+1

I can add that in the terminology.

Jp

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Juergen Quittek
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2012 6:43 AM
To: eman mailing list
Subject: [eman] power terms

Dear all,

Brad pointed out that the terms "produce" energy, and "consume" energy
are not appropriate in many cases, for example if a laptop battery
provides power to a mobile phone.

Can we agree on more general terms to be used in - preferably - all eman
documents?

I would propose to use

To provide energy:
An energy object "provides" energy to another energy object if there is
an energy flow from this energy object to the other one.

To receive energy:
An energy object "receives" energy from another energy object is there
is an energy flow from the other energy object to this one.

I am open to use other terms, but I would strongly prefer using terms
that are descriptive for most of our use cases as the ones above.

With the terms above we would have to replace
   "consume/es/ed/ing" and "use/ed/ing" with "receive/es/ed/ing"
   "produce/es/ed/ing" and "generate/es/ed/ing" with "provide/es/ed/ing"
Where the object is energy or power.

Thanks,
    Juergen

_______________________________________________
eman mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/eman