Subject: [eman] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-eman-energy-aware-mib-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 09:15:53 -0700

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Energy Management Working Group of the IETF.

    Title         : Energy Object Context MIB
    Author(s)     : J. Parello, et al
    Filename      : draft-ietf-eman-energy-aware-mib
    Pages         : 43 
    Date          : Dec. 23, 2010 
    
This document defines a subset of a Management Information Base 
        (MIB) for energy management of devices.  The module addresses 
        device identification, context information, and the 
        relationships between reporting devices, remote devices, and 
        monitoring devices. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-eman-energy-aware-mib

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "Mouli Chandramouli (moulchan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 02:28:03 -0500

Hello all, 

An updated version of the Energy-Aware-MIB has been submitted.  

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-eman-energy-aware-mib-05

Thanks very much to Juergen Juergen Quittek for his detailed feedback.  
Some of the comments could not be reflected in this version, firstly, we
did not have time and secondly it would benefit the feedback to MIB
experts to weigh-in on the design considerations. Those issues are
included in the open issues. 

The name of the MIB module is changed as ENERGY-OBJECT-CONTEXT-MIB
instead of ENERGY-AWARE-MIB 
The sparse expansion of the eoTable is done based on INDEX clause -
INDEX {entPhysicalIndex} 
Dependency relationship is removed 
Definitions of Energy Device and Energy Device Components are introduced
The reorganized draft firstly, the OID tree of MIB objects provides an
introduction to the MIB objects and secondly the UML grouping is
reorganized into 3 buckets of identification, context and relationship. 
Many textual corrections. 

Open issues updated. 
Some of the larger issues are on the email list and we would like
feedback from the WG and MIB experts and reach consensus on the issues
by Paris IETF meeting. 

Thanks very much 
Mouli

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2012 9:46 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [eman] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-eman-energy-aware-mib-05.txt

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Energy Management Working Group of the
IETF.