Subject: Re: [eman] draft-ietf-eman-requirements-06 - Open Issue 12.2

From: "John Parello (jparello)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 09:13:02 -0700

+1 On that the IEC and CIP standards also have direction so I don't see
how that can be excluded.

Jp

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Mouli Chandramouli (moulchan)
Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 12:01 AM
To: eman mailing list
Subject: [eman] draft-ietf-eman-requirements-06 - Open Issue 12.2

Hello all,

Regarding one of the open issues in the requirements draft -
draft-ietf-eman-requirements-06

Open issue 12.2 - Directional metering of Power and Energy  

There has been discussion supporting directional measurement of energy
and there seem to be rough consensus on the need for a requirement for
such a measurement and the discussion is focused on terminology. 

We have 3 proposals -  

EnergyTransmitted   /  EnergyTransmitted   /   EnergySupplied 

 EnergySupplied         /   EnergyReceived        /    EnergyReecieved 

 EnergyNet                   /   EnergyNet                  /
EnergyNet

What is more important is the idea (as emphasized by Georgios)  and the
naming  we can go with the WG consensus.  

Requirement  can be phrased as - 

5.5.4   Direction of energy flow

   In addition to the measurement of energy, the standard must report
the direction of energy flow from a device perspective; 

    energy received or energy supplied or the net which is a resultant
of the energy received and consumed by a device.  

Thanks

Mouli