Subject: [eman] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-eman-requirements-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 09:19:57 -0700

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Energy Management Working Group of the IETF.

    Title         : Requirements for Energy Management
    Author(s)     : J. Quittek, et al
    Filename      : draft-ietf-eman-requirements
    Pages         : 30 
    Date          : Dec. 15, 2010 
    
This document defines requirements for standards specifications for
   energy management.  The requirements defined in this document concern
   monitoring functions as well as control functions.  In detail, the
   focus of the requirements is on the following features:
   identification of powered entities, monitoring of their power state,
   power inlets, power outlets, actual power, power properties, consumed
   energy, and contained batteries.  Further requirements are included
   to enable control of powered entities&#39; power supply and power state.
   This document does not specify the features that must be implemented
   by compliant implementations but rather features that must be
   supported by standards for energy management.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-eman-requirements

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Juergen Quittek <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 02:52:08 +0000

Dear all,

The latest update of the requirements draft contains a lot (100+)
of editorial improvements.  I thank all contributors.
Please find a diff to version -05 at
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-eman-requirements-06

Still, not all issues have been solved by now.

The list of remaining issues includes
   1. drop THD and impedance?
   2. time series reporting: what is REQUIRED?
   3. context, importance, priority, ...
   4. reporting on devices and?or? interfaces

For 1-2 I expect that we can come to a conclusion easily on the mailing
list.
For 3-4 I am optimistic that we will solve them latest at our session in
Paris.

Thanks,
    Juergen

http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-eman-requirements-06