Subject: [eman] I-D Action: draft-ietf-eman-energy-monitoring-mib-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2012 01:42:09 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Energy Management Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Power and Energy Monitoring MIB
	Author(s)       : Mouli Chandramouli
                          Brad Schoening
                          Juergen Quittek
                          Thomas Dietz
                          Benoit Claise
	Filename        : draft-ietf-eman-energy-monitoring-mib-02.txt
	Pages           : 87
	Date            : 2012-03-09

        This document defines a subset of the Management Information
        Base (MIB) for power and energy monitoring of devices.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-eman-energy-monitoring-mib-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-eman-energy-monitoring-mib-02.txt

---

From: "Mouli Chandramouli (moulchan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 05:54:40 -0600

Hello all, 

An updated version of eman-monitoring-mib has been submitted. 

http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-eman-energy-monitoring-mib-02.txt

Here are the significant changes: 

1.	 entPhysicalIndex is the index for the eoPowerTable  (to be
aligned with the EMAN-AWARE-MIB) 

2.	 A new design for the EnergyTable - new index for
eoEnergyParametersIndex  - for the same Energy Object allows the
flexibility 
       to collect simultaneous collection of Energy measurements using
periodic or total or sliding window  if the device supports 
       simultaneous measurement collection (this is based on feedback
from Minoru Teraoka, Hideo Kodaka, and Hiroto Ogaki  )  
       
3.	A section on IANA process has a proposal for deprecation of
power states 

4.    Terminology from draft-parello-eman-definitions-04 is included 

5.	Update to the MIB Conformance section clearly marks optional MIB
objects  

6.    Discovery section updated - since ENTITY-MIB is required.  

7.    Errors and nits fixed (thanks for the careful review by Minoru
Teraoka, Hideo Kodaka, and Hiroto Ogaki  

8.	Have updated the Open issues section on the draft 

Open Issue 3 from -  Time Series of measurements ?  - shall be addressed
by the requirements and framework. 
                   
We shall discuss the open issues at the IETF and on the email thread
and our proposed  solution to address the open issues.  

We would welcome feedback from WG on the updated draft.  

Thanks
Mouli

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Friday, March 09, 2012 3:12 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [eman] I-D Action: draft-ietf-eman-energy-monitoring-mib-02.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories. This draft is a work item of the Energy Management Working
Group of the IETF.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-eman-energy-monitoring-mi
b-02.txt

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-eman-energy-monitoring-mib
-02.txt

_______________________________________________
eman mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/eman