Subject: [eman] I-D Action: draft-ietf-eman-framework-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 15:47:24 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Energy Management Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Energy Management Framework
	Author(s)       : Benoit Claise
                          John Parello
                          Brad Schoening
                          Juergen Quittek
                          Bruce Nordman
	Filename        : draft-ietf-eman-framework-04.txt
	Pages           : 62
	Date            : 2012-03-12

        This document defines a framework for providing Energy
        Management for devices within or connected to communication
        networks, and components thereof.  The framework defines an
        Energy Management Domain as a set of Energy Objects, for
        which each Energy Object is identified, classified and
        given context.   Energy Objects can be monitored and/or
        controlled with respect to Power, Power State, Energy,
        Demand, Power Quality, and battery.  Additionally the
        framework models relationships and capabilities between
        Energy Objects.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-eman-framework-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-eman-framework-04.txt

---

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 00:17:29 +0100

Dear all,

A new version of [EMAN-FMWK] has been posted. See 
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-eman-framework-04

- All points from Bill Mielke, coming from 
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/eman/current/msg00983.html, have 
been addressed. Also included is the editorial feedback received from 
Bill (off list). Thanks a lot Bill for your feedback.
-Added the terminology section, based on the version 5 of the 
terminology draft. Integrated the terms Energy Device and Energy Device 
Component in the text.
- Removed the"Dependency Relationship".
-Removed "virtual grouping of Energy Objects with the keywords"
-Added a section on "Components and Containment Tree".
- The biggest change is probably the integration 
fromhttp://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-quittek-eman-reference-model-03 in 
the framework, with the entire section 2 copied over.
-Added the notion of power interface from the EMAN REFERENCE model 
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-quittek-eman-reference-model-03
- Extending the section 6.4 "Energy Object Relationships"
- Added a new section 6.4.2 "Energy Object Relationship Conventions and 
Guidelines"
- Section 10 with examples has been added.
- A lot of editorial changes.

A lot of effort has been put in this draft, as you can see from 
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-eman-framework-04.txt. 
This stems from my promise to Nevil Brownlee to try to leave a clean 
plate to our brand new co-chair. At least removing one big obstacle in 
the EMAN WG: a dual proposal with the WG accepted [EMAN-FMWK] and the 
EMAN reference model. Is this draft perfect? Certainly not. However, 
this is a big step in the right direction. Thanks to all who contributed.
Starting at the next IETF, I will have less time to dedicate to EMAN, 
and I will not remain the primary editor.
I could present this progress on this draft, along with the open issues, 
one last time at Paris, if required.

Regards, Benoit (as a contributor)

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[eman] I-D Action: draft-ietf-eman-framework-04.txt
Date: 	Mon, 12 Mar 2012 15:47:24 -0700
From: 	[email-masked]
To: 	[email-masked]
CC: 	[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
eman mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/eman

---

From: "Mouli Chandramouli (moulchan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 04:55:48 -0500

Hi Benoit,

As of now, Section 10 of Framework discusses how the EMAN framework can
be applied to some specific use cases. 

This is illustrative now given the merger of Framework and reference
model. 

I think in these sort of examples can be moved to Applicability
Statement draft ( sans reference to  PI or not PI ). 

Thanks

Mouli

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Benoit Claise (bclaise)
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2012 4:47 AM
To: eman mailing list; Nevil Brownlee
Cc: William F. Mielke
Subject: [eman] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-ietf-eman-framework-04.txt

Dear all,

- All points from Bill Mielke, coming from
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/eman/current/msg00983.html, have
been addressed. Also included is the editorial feedback received from
Bill (off list). Thanks a lot Bill for your feedback. 
-  Added the terminology section, based on the version 5 of the
terminology draft. Integrated the terms Energy Device and Energy Device
Component in the text.
- Removed the   "Dependency Relationship".
-  Removed "virtual grouping of Energy Objects with the keywords"
-   Added a section on "Components and Containment Tree".
- The biggest change is probably the integration from
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-quittek-eman-reference-model-03 in the
framework, with the entire section 2 copied over.
-   Added the notion of power interface from the EMAN REFERENCE model
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-quittek-eman-reference-model-03 
- Extending the section 6.4 "Energy Object Relationships"
- Added a new section 6.4.2 "Energy Object Relationship Conventions and
Guidelines"
- Section 10 with examples has been added.
- A lot of editorial changes.

this is a big step in the right direction. Thanks to all who
contributed.

-------- Original Message -------- 

Subject: 

[eman] I-D Action: draft-ietf-eman-framework-04.txt

Date: 

Mon, 12 Mar 2012 15:47:24 -0700

From: 

[email-masked]

To: 

[email-masked]

CC: 

[email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories. This draft is a work item of the Energy Management Working
Group of the IETF.