Subject: [eman] power interface vs. energy interface

From: Juergen Quittek <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 12:01:27 +0000

Dear all,

At the last session in Paris we discussed renaming "power interface" to
"energy interface".  According to the minutes I proposed this, but now I'm
not sure it is a good idea.  The power interface is either a power inlet
or a power outlet.  Terms "power inlet" and "power outlet" are used as
well.  If we rename "power interface" to "energy interface" we should
consistently also rename "power outlet" to "energy outlet".  However,
"power outlet" is already a commonly used term outside our WG and it would
probably be better to keep it than renaming it to "energy outlet".

Also at power interfaces we talk about "power characteristics" and not
"energy characteritics".

Seeing all this I propose to keep the term "power interface" and to not
rename it.

What do people think about it?

Thanks,
    Juergen

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 16:35:02 +0200

Dear all,

I agree with Juergen. To rename "power interface" to "energy interface" is not useful.
It is also confirmed by ist self-chosen examples (e. g. "The power interface is either a power inlet
or a power outlet"). So you can only find the reference of the word "power" in technical literature.

BR
Stefan Schraub

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] Im Auftrag von Juergen Quittek
Gesendet: Freitag, 22. Juni 2012 14:01
An: eman mailing list
Betreff: [eman] power interface vs. energy interface

Dear all,

Thanks,
    Juergen

_______________________________________________
eman mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/eman

---

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 16:43:48 +0200

Juergen,

While I understand the initial justification for Energy Interface, i.e. 
the comparison to the network element interface counter, I agree that 
Energy Inlet/Oulet terms don't sound right. So basically, I agree with you.

Regards, Benoit (as a contributor)

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 15:06:40 +0000

Hi Juergen,

I agree that the terms "energy outlet" and "energy inlet" do not make sense!
So it is probably necessary to keep the term "power interface".

Best regards,
Georgios

________________________________________
Van: [email-masked] [[email-masked]] namens Juergen Quittek [[email-masked]]
Verzonden: vrijdag 22 juni 2012 14:01
Aan: eman mailing list
Onderwerp: [eman] power interface vs. energy interface

Dear all,

Thanks,
    Juergen