Subject: [eman] I-D draft-suganuma-greenmib-00.txt

From: Satoru Izumi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 16:12:12 +0900

Hi all,

We have submitted an I-D draft-suganuma-greenmib-00.txt
on a Green Usage Monitoring Information Base.
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-suganuma-greenmib-00.txt

It defines the GreenUsage MIB, for use with network management
protocols in the Internet community. In particular, the GreenUsage
MIB can be used to monitor the power-on/power-off status of
electrical devices.

The MIB is really VERY simple, but is very effective in
monitoring the power state of electrical devices. We are
working on this MIB and using it for cutting down power
wastage. Yes, we are aware of
draft-ietf-eman-energy-monitoring-mib-02.txt. The GreenUsage
MIB is way too simple and that is what we believe to be
attractive.

I would be very happy to make a short 5 minutes (?)
presentation on the MIB at the e-man meeting in Vancouver.
Could you give us a time slot?

Thanks and cheers

Satoru Izumi, Ph.D
Research Fellow
Research Institute of Electrical Communication, Tohoku University
Tel&FAX: +81-22-217-5080
[email-masked]