Subject: [eman] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-nordman-nanogrids-00.txt

From: Bruce Nordman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 13:03:45 -0700

I would like to call your attention to the -00 draft below.
If there is time, I will present this in Vancouver, but I am not
expecting there will be time.  Thus, if the topic interests you,
let me know.

The draft outlines an alternative approach to distributing
power than that of the centralized grid - it takes a network
model as the basis.  EMAN needs to accommodate both,
and for the most part I believe our approach does this.

Thanks,

--Bruce

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 4:04 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-nordman-nanogrids-00.txt
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-nordman-nanogrids-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Bruce Nordman and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:        draft-nordman-nanogrids
Revision:        00
Title:           Nanogrids
Creation date:   2012-07-09
WG ID:           Individual Submission
Number of pages: 8
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nordman-nanogrids-00.txt
Status:          http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-nordman-nanogrids
Htmlized:        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nordman-nanogrids-00

Abstract:
   A nanogrid is a very small electricity domain that is distinct from
   any other grid it is connected to in voltage, reliability, quality,
   or price.  Nanogrids could form the basis of a future electricity
   system built on a bottom-up, decentralized, and distributed network
   model rather than the top-down centralized grid we have today in most
   parts of the world.  This document introduces the idea of a nanogrid
   to the IETF community for two purposes -- to inform the work on
   energy management presently underway in the EMAN working group, and
   to describe how future communications within and between grids could
   be accomplished with protocols that are the product of the IETF.
   There appears to be no fundamental conflict between the nanogrid
   concept and the current drafts in the EMAN working group.

The IETF Secretariat

-- 
*Bruce Nordman*
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
nordman.lbl.gov <http://eetd.lbl.gov/ea/nordman>
[email-masked]
510-486-7089
m: 510-501-7943