Subject: Re: [eman] #12: how summation occurs

From: "eman issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2012 13:50:40 -0000

#12: how summation occurs

Comment (by bnordman@…):

 When summation occurs across a set of entities, some of the values may be
 missing.  EMAN does not specify how these should be treated, as different
 implementations may have good reason to take different approaches.  One
 common treatment is to define the sum as missing if any of the constituent
 elements are missing (useful to be most precise).  Another is to treat the
 missing value as zero (useful to have continuous data streams).

 [ This addresses the 'missing' issue; I still need to check for
 consistency in use of the term "aggregation" ]

-- 
--------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  n.brownlee@…  |       Owner:  bnordman@…
     Type:  defect        |      Status:  new
 Priority:  major         |   Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  framework     |     Version:  1.0
 Severity:  -             |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                |
--------------------------+-------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/eman/trac/ticket/12#comment:4>
eman <http://tools.ietf.org/eman/>