Subject: [eman] I-D Action: draft-ietf-eman-requirements-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 04:30:54 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Energy Management Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Requirements for Energy Management
	Author(s)       : Juergen Quittek
                          Mouli Chandramouli
                          Rolf Winter
                          Thomas Dietz
                          Benoit Claise
	Filename        : draft-ietf-eman-requirements-10.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2012-12-17

Abstract:
   This document defines requirements for standards specifications for
   energy management.  The requirements defined in this document concern
   monitoring functions as well as control functions: Monitoring
   functions include identification of energy-managed devices and their
   components, monitoring of their power states, power inlets, power
   outlets, actual power, power properties, received energy, provided
   energy, and contained batteries.  Control functions serve for
   controlling power supply and power state of energy-managed devices
   and their components.
   This document does not specify the features that must be implemented
   by compliant implementations but rather features that must be
   supported by standards for energy management.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-eman-requirements

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-eman-requirements-10

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-eman-requirements-10

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Juergen Quittek <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 12:40:22 +0000

Dear all,

This new version of the EMAN requirements considers the comments
raised at WGLC.  

Main changes are:

Appendix: Deleted evaluation of other MIB modules.
However, this text can be used in framework or MIB drafts.

Requirement 7.6: Removed explicit requirement for a device to report
Its proxy and capabilities of its proxy.  Note: this does not mean we
cannot have some of such functions in the MIB modules.
  
Terminology:  Using term "device" instead of "entire entity".

The authors think the the draft is ready for requesting publication
(write-up).

Thanks,
    Juergen

On 17.12.12 13:30, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
wrote:

>_______________________________________________
>eman mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/eman