Subject: Re: [eman] #12: how summation occurs

From: "eman issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2012 18:13:03 -0000

#12: how summation occurs

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 Waiting for Brian Trammell

-- 
---------------------------------------+-------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                     |      Status:  new
 Priority:  major                      |   Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  framework                  |     Version:  1.0
 Severity:  -                          |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                             |
---------------------------------------+-------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/eman/trac/ticket/12#comment:5>
eman <http://tools.ietf.org/eman/>

---

From: "eman issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2012 18:43:49 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * owner:  [email-masked] => [email-masked]

-- 
---------------------------------------+--------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                     |      Status:  new
 Priority:  major                      |   Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  framework                  |     Version:  1.0
 Severity:  -                          |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                             |
---------------------------------------+--------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/eman/trac/ticket/12#comment:6>
eman <http://tools.ietf.org/eman/>

---

From: "eman issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 21:52:28 -0000

Changes (by n.brownlee@…):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 Benoit proposes text:

 When aggregation occurs across a set of entities, some of the values may
 be missing.  The EMAN framework does not specify how these should be
 treated, as different implementations may have good reason to take
 different approaches.  One common treatment is to define the sum as
 missing if any of the constituent elements are missing (useful to be most
 precise).   Another is to treat the missing value as zero (useful to have
 continuous data streams).

-- 
--------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  n.brownlee@…  |       Owner:  bclaise@…
     Type:  defect        |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  major         |   Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  framework     |     Version:  1.0
 Severity:  -             |  Resolution:  fixed
 Keywords:                |
--------------------------+-------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/eman/trac/ticket/12#comment:7>
eman <http://tools.ietf.org/eman/>