Subject: [Gendispatch] Benjamin Kaduk's No Objection on charter-ietf-gendispatch-00-09: (with COMMENT)

From: Benjamin Kaduk via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2019 19:46:04 -0700

Benjamin Kaduk has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-gendispatch-00-09: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-gendispatch/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

  Guiding principles for the proposed new work include:
  [...]
  2. Ensuring there has been adequate mailing list discussion reflecting
  sufficient interest, individuals have expressed a willingness to contribute (if
  appropriate given the subject matter of the proposal) and there is WG consensus
  before new work is dispatched.

nit: this list does not have a parallel construction; perhaps "enough
indivdiuals" would help?

  Proposed new work may be deferred in cases where the WG does not have enough
  information for the chairs to determine consensus. New work may be rejected in
  cases where there is not sufficient WG interest or the proposal has been
  considered and rejected in the past, unless a substantially revised proposal is
  put forth, including compelling new reasons for accepting the work.

Can work be rejected because the WG thinks it is a bad idea?  (Is that
supposed to be part of "not sufficient WG interest"?)

---

From: Alissa Cooper <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 09:24:21 -0400

Hi Ben,

> On Oct 16, 2019, at 10:46 PM, Benjamin Kaduk via Datatracker <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 

Fixed. Thanks.

> supposed to be part of "not sufficient WG interest”?)

I do think this is supposed to be part of sufficient WG interest.

Best,
Alissa

> 
> 
> -- 
> Gendispatch mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gendispatch